Clk 270 Cdi

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

erki

Car
VW bora
Gentlemen.

Does any one out there own or have a opinion on the new CLK 270 CDi, ie, any known problems, living with this car, are the front seats as uncomfitable as the magazine reviews say they are over long journeys.

Have taken one for a spin and am now considering buying one, but would be nice to get some feedback from people in the know?

regards,

Colin

I was looking to buy one, it was between that and the E270 and in the end the long delivery times on the CLK270 pushed me towards the E270.

Mine has the same engine which really is a cracker, much more powerful than the 240 petrol. I test drove the CLK240 as that was the only demonstrator they had available and it is a lovely car and very comfy.

I test drove both the CLK240 and E240 and the CLK felt much quicker, so from that I assume the CLK would be quite a big quicker than mine which is impressive (and if its not quick enough could easily be chipped to give another 30bhp)

I'd say go for it, the future residual values seem set to be rock solid, but if you don’t do many miles, and the cost of fuel isn't an issue the 240 might work out cheaper in the long run.

Yesterday I test drove the CLK 270CDI and while the performance is breathtaking the comfort rates very low. After sitting in the car for about two hours my thighs were aching. At present I drive a Volvo S80 and this is very comfortable in comparison, so much so, that I have decided to test drive a E class also for a few hours to see how I get on. I do not want to buy a new car only to find it is uncomfortable especially if you are stuck in a PCP lease for three years and stuck on a motorway for most of that time! Can any one tell me if the seats done with the Nappa leather are more comfortable than one with ordinary leather? Although I would like the E270 CDI if the seats are uncomfortable on a long journey, I would rather cancell my order.

I wouldn't have thought the Nappa leather seats were any more comfortable, the actual seat will probaly be the same.

The Avantgarde has lower suspension, and there are also options for sports or airmatic suspension all of which can effect the ride comfort. You can also get heated/vented seats.

I find the seats perfect, but I'm not really fussy as I also found the CLK fine!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom