CLK 270 Fuel Gauge Sensor

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Andy67

Car
CLK 270 CDI Avantgarde
My CLK 270 been on the star system test today,,to tell me that one injector was huffing and puffing, and one thing it did find was problems with the Fuel Gauge Sensor's.

I noticed that before the repair to the injector,, my fuel gauge had drop, due to loseing the fuel.

The reading from the star machine, is

Value B4/2 Fuel gauge sensor , right half of tank 27%
Value B4/1 Fuel gauge sensor, left half of tank 1%

The manager was saying that i could run out of fuel, even if i have full tank as these sensors do need to be changed, because they would not pump the fuel from left to right as one half of the tank would run dry. Which sounds right.

But am wondering becasue the injector was leaking, would`nt it be drawing air into the engine, and in time air getting into the tank or pipes, thus, false reading from the sensors.

Andy67 said:
My CLK 270 been on the star system test today,,to tell me that one injector was huffing and puffing, and one thing it did find was problems with the Fuel Gauge Sensor's. I noticed that before the repair to the injector,, my fuel gauge had drop, due to loseing the fuel. The reading from the star machine, is Value B4/2 Fuel gauge sensor , right half of tank 27% Value B4/1 Fuel gauge sensor, left half of tank 1% The manager was saying that i could run out of fuel, even if i have full tank as these sensors do need to be changed, because they would not pump the fuel from left to right as one half of the tank would run dry. Which sounds right. But am wondering becasue the injector was leaking, would`nt it be drawing air into the engine, and in time air getting into the tank or pipes, thus, false reading from the sensors.

The above values look correct
The right side should always show more once it gets below 2/3rds tank
The pump is in the right side of tank & it returns over to the right to be puped or drawn up to engine.
If it was other way round then yes you may need senders.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom