Clk 270 wont start after new inlet manifold fitted

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

srpj1

Hi I've fitted new inlet manifold and had the diesel rail off , it's all back together now but won't start , any ideas ?

Twistedmind said:
Possible air lock. Or fuel bleeding required Sent from my iPhone using MBClub UK
cool I have got fuel to injectors and when cracked off they leak fuel ! I read that maybe I need to fit an inline hand pump so I can build up the preasure ?

Fill the fuel filter with fuel and keep cranking.

You need to get air out of the lift side of the system. If you fill the fuel filter, then pop the outlet pipe off the small slave pump on the engine ( there are directional arrows on the pump )
Then crank until fuel flows out!
Once the fuel is there put the pipe back in.
Then she will fire within a few cranks
Cracking off injectors will just drop the rail pressure and log a fault code

Is there air bubbles in clear pipes? Like above, needs lot of cranking if filter not filled. Double check that all injectors connectors are ok and in contact. Check CPS wires too.

WG M-B said:
You need to get air out of the lift side of the system. If you fill the fuel filter, then pop the outlet pipe off the small slave pump on the engine ( there are directional arrows on the pump ) Then crank until fuel flows out! Once the fuel is there put the pipe back in. Then she will fire within a few cranks Cracking off injectors will just drop the rail pressure and log a fault code

Hi the car has not got a slave pump but I'm going to fit slave pump on to section from filter to engine then fill the filter and see if it will draw fuel through ? Could this work ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom