CLK 270cdi handbrake pedal not returning.

alf1956

Car
clk270 55 plate diesel
Hello there fellow memebers.
I have a 55 plate 270 clk cdi & the handbrake pedal does not return properly when i release the handbrake lever thus making the warning buzzer come on, i can lift the handbrake pedal with my foot & it stops the warning buzzer. I was wondering if there was a return spring or something similar that may have broken or come off ?

OP
OP
A

alf1956

Car
clk270 55 plate diesel
As far as I know there is a maintenance hatch under the rear seat where lubrication will be required.
I have been in there & the handbrake is adjusted up correctly & it is all free etc & it is not sticking.

tec

Car
CLK320 CDi SPORT V6
I just use my foot the same as you, or don't use the handbrake at all. :D

dickycase

Car
c270 cdi
i had a simular issue on my c270 after it had been parked up at an airport for a couple of weeks. i ended up tightening up the adjuster under the rear seat this was enough to lift the brake peddle off the switch and remove the constant beeping.

accurity

THANKS ALL. Had the same problem. Pull the release lever and the handbrake pedal not reliably coming back up (Causing Handbrake warning as it should). Touch it with my foot and it comes up (whilst pulling the release handle).
This fix worked for me. I have a 2008 CLK280. Lifted up the rear seats (they are hinged). Pulled back the carpet. Undid one big nut and 2 screws (with hex heads). Took off the cover.
Saw the Handbrake Cable joined into a triangular mechanism with the cables going out to the rear wheels (It looked really dry). Sprayed it all over with WD40. Released the handbrake and sprayed some more. Put everything back on. Works fine now. Whole thing took me about 15 minutes start to finish.

clk320x

Hardcore MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
W212 E250 CDI Sport - S211 E320 CDI Avantgarde - S203 C32 AMG
I have a 55 plate 270 clk cdi & the handbrake pedal does not return properly when i release the handbrake lever thus making the warning buzzer come on, i can lift the handbrake pedal with my foot & it stops the warning buzzer. I was wondering if there was a return spring or something similar that may have broken or come off ?
Mine was catching on the carpet as it was bulging out...

Make sure it's not that.

If not any indie can readjust it for 30 mins labour

Litcan91

MB Enthusiast
Car
MB
As far as I know there is a maintenance hatch under the rear seat where lubrication will be required.
Totally agree with the lubrication of that area, it is the most common for the issue that you are having.

Grotbag1

Car
2015 C200 Estate Sport Premium Plus AND 2005 CLK 200K Convertible Avantgarde
I have the same problem with my 2005 CLK, solution... I don't bother with the handbrake

Stratman

MB Enthusiast
Car
W203 C200 CDI '04Estate
^^^ The MOT tester will ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Top Bottom