CLK 280 Coupe - Revised Edition with Sports Package - Photos!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

matsna

Car
2006 Edition CLK 280 Coupe
2006 Edition CLK 280 Coupe - with Sports Package - Photos!

Thursday 16th, I collected my CLK 280 Coupe from Bremen. All went well, I had my tour too. It was just me, my girlfriend on the English tour, so we went where we wanted to go. So we saw the body shop, the paint shop and the CLK production area. We say a new model that is due to be released next year, it looked very simliar to the CLS - so maybe the new CLK. After this we went on the test track to be blasted around at rocket speed in new SLK's, CLK's SL's and C class cars. All very good and then finally the collection.

The collection went well, no complaints (then) about the car or the service. Some nice snacks available too gratis whilst waiting.

I have only taken a few quick shots of the car today CLK 280 Coupe Pictures. I have the new sports body kit on with the 18" rims as well. Inside in Black Nappa Leather and outside, as you can see, is black too.

And now my complaint....

Within minutes of driving away , I could hear a squeak . The squeak sounded like an un-oiled wheel i.e when driving slow - "squeak...... squeak......squeak" and when increasing up to 45km/h it's more like "squeak, squeak, squeak, squeak". I gave the car the benefit of the doubt, considering it was brand new and had just over 1km on the display. I've taken it to a dealer already and they've had the back wheels off, looking around but found nothing it would seem. The guy even took the car for a test drive and could hear it himself, yet still returned the car with the flaming squeak.

Has anyone had this occur on the back wheels?? I don't know exactly where the squeak is coming from, either the wheels, the braking system, the rear axle somewhere. I know for a fact it has to have something to do with the wheels - but what I don't know. The car is stable, even at speed and nothing at all, according to the dealership, is loose.

All in all, the car is great, no problems or complaints at all... only gripe is the "squeak" but I will have it fixed but it's now the weekend - damn!!

The Pictures - CLK 280 Coupe

Last edited:
Exactly. Pics pics pics! Our first member to own a revised CLK?

That squeak would drive me maddddd :mad: :mad: :mad: How dare they give it back without fixing it.

If it is as bad as you say (I believe you). Then simply take it back to the dealer and very politely explain how the noiseis unacceptable.

Now where are the pictures???

Good luck with the car,
John

No pictures!! :eek:

That is why I moved it from the Gallery section. :rolleyes:

For some reason my link disappeared out of the post - however it is back and here it is too CLK 280 Coupe. There was also a car show in Germany today (near where I was) and whilst there, the dealers had their cars on show. So I approached them, told them about my squeak and off I want back, with a mechanic and my girlfriend (come translator) and got it fixed.... so squeak is no more!!!!

Last edited:
So the squeak was fixed and then... the brake light in the boot brakes... just splits... red glass fall off and the light inside. Took 3 days before Merc had the replacement part (on warranty) but they said it was because I was slamming my boot shut.

I was like... STFU... it's brand new, do I look like I will be slamming my boot shut? pfff....

Anyways - problem #2 fixed!

Nice motor. Forgive me - but you've got the Sports Pack ? Are you sure you've not just got the face lifted car ?

According to our dealers the sports edition has the AMG body kit - and I didn't see that on your car, or the twin exhaust.

A bit confused... :confused:

saorbust said:
Nice motor. Forgive me - but you've got the Sports Pack ? Are you sure you've not just got the face lifted car ?

Yes I've got the face lifted CLK with the additional Sports Package. The code for this is: 952

The AMG package is: 950

If you are still unsure, check the Mercedes website on the CLK. There are the two option for the car.

Hope this clarifies it for you?

Yes I gotcha - I thought the sports pack meant AMG as well - my mistake. Sorry !

In the UK, if you go for the "Sport" (instead of Elegance or Avantgarde), you get the new design 5 spoke AMG wheels and the AMG bodykit, and twin AMG pipes etc. This option is £2500.

The UK Sports Package for the Avantagrde is cheaper at £960, but has no AMG bits.

matsna said:
Yes I've got the face lifted CLK with the additional Sports Package. The code for this is: 952

The AMG package is: 950

If you are still unsure, check the Mercedes website on the CLK. There are the two option for the car.

Hope this clarifies it for you?

Brian: Why is this thread in the wheels and tyres section? :)

Nice car btw :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom