CLK 280 (W209) Engine M272

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

M.Khalid

Car
Mercedes W209 CLK350 Sport Auto
Hi Guys,

I am very concerned about my car since I have seen the thread about M272 engine and their common issues.

I have bought on Monday a CLK 280 Sports Convertible 94,000 Miles 02/2006 with front bumper and front grill damaged (CAT D). Nothing else is damaged: Radiator in perfect condition (A/C works great), no Airbag deployed…
Although the engine management light is on, I asked the trader why the light was ON, he said it is probably because of the front side is damaged. I really doubt it because the front damage has nothing to do with the engine light.

When doing my VIN check I have noticed that my engine # is 272940 30 239114 which is a really bad news regarding this common gear problem. I have not diagnosed the car yet but I am fairly confident that I got this issue.

My question is: If I fix it, will it re-occur after a while or Mercedes will fix it for good?

Thanks everyone

Hey mate

Curious to see if you got the issue fixed, as I was looking to get the same car but maybe in two minds now after reading up about the issues potentially facing this particular model!

If you could get it fixed, but I would go to an indy, it would be OK, but you are looking at about £2000.

If you could get it fixed, but I would go to an indy, it would be OK, but you are looking at about £2000.

thanks for that tanuie, think Im leaning towards avoiding this particular model then... rather not have the hassle and wait to see if the right car comes along!!

I have one of the offending cars and it is lovely!

However, if it does happen one day, it would be great to know of any independent dealers who have done the job, along with the cost and where they are based. Being such a big job, it would be nice to know someone had done it before.

If anyone has experience, it would be great to hear from you. Especially if you're in or around West Sussex.

Have it checked by indie with Star. The engine managment came on my CLK, it turned out to be the thermostat.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom