CLK 320 CDi. Iolite Blue

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

nickgar

SUPPORTER
Car
E 250 CDi Cabriolet AMG Line. 2004 Vespa 200 GT
I'm interested in buying a very nice 2007 CLK 320 CDi Elegance in Iolite Blue (with Orient Beige leather)
I've read that this was a special order colour.
Can anyone confirm this. or otherwise?

My CLK is Iolite. It was not a "special" order in that it was in the normal colour choices in the brochure. However most would have been built to order. Personally I think it looks better with a black interior or on the later cars the burgundyish leather. Cant remember what it was called. I am probably biased but I think its the best colour on the 209.

Great colour really suits the CLK. Rare because all the MB dealers play safe when they ordered their "stock" cars. Well ----everyone likes black or silver so lets order that ---- no dummy that's because that's the only colours that are for sale in the showroom.:doh:It's a chicken and egg thing. :dk:

Silver and black are the best colours if I may dare say so. Maybe then tenorrite grey...,

My CLK is also Iolite Blue Elegance with Orient beige interior. Definitely not a special order, and quite a few of them about. Interestingly I don't come across this colour in many of the other models though. Most people do a double take when I describe my car as blue, because it looks grey in some lights.

IMO it's a lovely colour combination. It takes a lot to get me away from black cars, which I have always loved, but this colour combination did it for me.

A word of warning though: the beige interior is a pig to keep clean. This is my second car with a light interior, and I really wouldn't want to go there again. Having said that, if its a nice example at a reasonable price, don't let that put you off. One thing I did was to change the original beige mats for dark ones, which actually don't look out of place at all and prevents the interior looking permanently grubby.

I'm sure you will be very happy with this choice. I find the CLK turns heads far more than I ever expected.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom