CLK 320 Elegance Sports Convertible

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

chris clk320

Car
CLK 320 conv. W124 e220 coup
Hi guys n Gals,

I am just testing the water some of you willhave seen I have bought a W124 Coupe that is being frixed up well rust sorted anyway, I also have a CLK that I think is mint. And the question is do I sell it or do I keep it.

Finances suggest selling it paying some debts off and concentrating on the W124. Heres a run down I wouldnt mind your thoughts on values now and future values of CLK's

Its a 2000 W reg Facelift version
Brilliant silver, Blue roof with some soiling- no funny comments!
1 former owner I am the second first was a Lady in Fulham.
61,000 miles Full complete Main Dealer Service History plus all original manuals etc..
No rust at all.
No dings no dents.
Spec
Grey Leather interior no marks
Front and rear Park tronic.
AC not Climate control
Power Fold Mirrors
CD changer original stereo
Heated seats
Electric seats with drivers side memory.
Sebring Exhaust

Bad bits
Some tow rag tried to unsucessfully get in so the rear window capping is slightly dented, will be replaced
The original alloy wheels need refurbishing.
The temp readout and clock are missing some pixels

Thats it.

What do we think its worth now and is there a future classic status for this car or is there just too many.

Your car sounds as though it's a good example.

I'm sure you know this, but you couldn't pick a worse time to sell it IMHO; we are heading into winter/Christmas and unless it's a really competitive price I think you may struggle I'm afraid.

Forum member TPWUK has been trying to sell his CLK430 for a while without much luck.

What sort of money do you think it's worth yourself, if you don't mind me asking?

I bought it 2 years ago for £6750 for my own purposes/finances I would like £5-6k for it.

Your right about the season give it 3 weeks and we will be knee deep in snow!
I am in no real panic but just wondered if its worth keeping/storing longer term.

I bought it 2 years ago for £6750 for my own purposes/finances I would like £5-6k for it.

Your right about the season give it 3 weeks and we will be knee deep in snow!
I am in no real panic but just wondered if its worth keeping/storing longer term.

To be honest, if you were wanting to sell, I'd put it into storage until the Spring and you'll be in a lot stronger position.

Good luck, whichever you decide. :thumb:

It's got a good spec.

Personally i would bin the Sebring and put a stock one or an AMG one on ( aftermarket exhausts always give me the opinion that the car has been caned , not sure why ) ...

£250 to refurbish the wheels , maybe less.

Lots of CLKs around , lots rusty , lots are proper ****ters. If it is as mint as you say it is , then might be worth hanging onto. Failing that , store it till next spring. Might be worth £4k ish ?

I'm just in the process of having my 85k CLK 430 with designo interior completely resprayed for the same reason , i'll hang on to it now for a good old while.

To be honest , i'd be amazed if there is no rust anywhere on yours.

I just like the sebring it gives agood note but will probably change to sell it. Is the Amg one a direct fit? or does it need an expander?
certainly no visible rust or under the plastic, boot key etc... all wheel arches are cleaned regularly and no surface rust showing, not sure what other posible impact areas there might be.

In terms of future values ie long term are there too many for these to become low mileage classics like the W124's

C

I've been looking at CLK's and watching prices for the last couple of months, just trying to assess the market before I buy next year. I'd suggest taking a look on Autotrader, you can filter the search to narrow down to your car (options are pot luck).

I think your expectation is a little optimistic, more in the region of £3k - £4k, but I'm no kind of expert.

Hmm maybe your right I know there are alot around but I think yourll fing there is alot more c**p ones about.

I will probably mothball it at least untill the summer but it wouldnt be worth selling at that sort of money.

Any thoughts on future values rising??? ie 5-10 years

Hmm maybe your right I know there are alot around but I think yourll fing there is alot more c**p ones about.

I will probably mothball it at least untill the summer but it wouldnt be worth selling at that sort of money.

Any thoughts on future values rising??? ie 5-10 years

I very much doubt it, far to many were made to make them rare enough

Anyone know howmany were actually imported into the UK.

Interestingly enough on Auto trader the same car in Silver there are only 2 in the country under £5k 1 isnt a facelift the other looks too good. Maybe too good!

If you didnt want silver there are 10 under £5k.

Obviuosly there is ebay and other methods of selling.

I've been looking at CLK's and watching prices for the last couple of months, just trying to assess the market before I buy next year. I'd suggest taking a look on Autotrader, you can filter the search to narrow down to your car (options are pot luck).

I think your expectation is a little optimistic, more in the region of £3k - £4k, but I'm no kind of expert.
Check pistonheads, lots on there!

I have a 2000 (facelift) clk 320 w208 convertible with 37k miles on it. I'm hoping that if I can keep the annual mileage down it will hold it's value...

It's got a good spec.

Personally i would bin the Sebring and put a stock one or an AMG one on ( aftermarket exhausts always give me the opinion that the car has been caned , not sure why ) ...

£250 to refurbish the wheels , maybe less.

Lots of CLKs around , lots rusty , lots are proper ****ters. If it is as mint as you say it is , then might be worth hanging onto. Failing that , store it till next spring. Might be worth £4k ish ?

I'm just in the process of having my 85k CLK 430 with designo interior completely resprayed for the same reason , i'll hang on to it now for a good old while.

To be honest , i'd be amazed if there is no rust anywhere on yours.
Howard, do you think that a full respray will add any value to the car?

Also, do you have any idea how a respray compares in quality to the factory paint job? Are you looking at 3, 5, 10 years?

I'm not doing it to add value , all of my arches were going rusty , along with a scab on the bonnet and a couple of boot bits. I just want to keep it looking nice.

It's an unusual car ( Titanite red with designo scarlet/anthracite interior ) , so rather than let it dissolve , i thought i'd get it done.

I'll probably keep it for 5 years +

Sound silly Howard but keeping 2 on the road do you have any tips for keeping costs down?

Well , the blue one is dads , but my top tip for keeping costs down , is not to drive it too much at 15mpg around town !! :crazy::D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom