Clk 320 fuel leak

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Markedinburgh

Car
CLK 320
Hi all,

I'm brand new to the forum. Need advice but haven't had a chance to jack it up yet.

I have noticed a leak when engine running, and just after the engine switched off. It is dripping from passenger side rear area just in from the wheel. Any suggestions what it could be? Seriously hoping it's not the tank and is something I can do myself. I haven't done any work myself before on a merc, just my own meandering experiences on volvos saabs and fords.

Thanks for reading.

Mark

It will be the flexi pipe between the fuel filter and pump they always go on the clk take off the rear wheel and you will see it, it usually runs into the little plastic tray, five minute job with a bit of new pipe :thumb:

Dealer supply for not a lot or I used high pressure braided fuel pipe and clips from my local motor factor cost £4.56 :thumb:

Cheers checking that out as we speak!

Hi Flango

Thanks for your post! Do you know if it's the same on the R129?

I have a similar problem on my SL320: it leaks intermittently from the fuel tank area when I start the engine from cold. It started as just a smell but recently it was dripping heavily when it was started after been sitting for about a week. When the engine was started again after a couple of hours the leak was gone.... The tank is just over ½ full.

Thanks
Torben

Torben said:
Hi Flango Thanks for your post! Do you know if it's the same on the R129? I have a similar problem on my SL320: it leaks intermittently from the fuel tank area when I start the engine from cold. It started as just a smell but recently it was dripping heavily when it was started after been sitting for about a week. When the engine was started again after a couple of hours the leak was gone.... The tank is just over ½ full. Thanks Torben

Sorry I don't know about 129's but there are plenty on here who do sure someone will be along shortly

It is very similar on a R129.

If you are leaking fuel it represents a significant danger of catching fire.

I would get it sorted pronto.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom