Clk 320 just died.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

m16k

Car
2000 clk 320
Ive got a 1999 w208 CLK320 cab that just died in the road without warning. Occasionally but becoming more frequent the key turns to the 1st position the radio etc comes on, the key turns to the 2nd position but nothing happens no dash lights or warnings and still nothing at the start position.
After repeatedly turning and removing the key for 5min or so it starts as if there was nothing wrong and drives faultlessly without any dash errors or warning lights.
Has anybody come across this before, could it be a fault with the key or the car? its almost as if it doesn't recognize the key turning in the ignition.

That's what I thought but wanted a second opinion 1st.
If I change the ignition do I also need the ecu and steering lock from the same car? And does it need to be plugged into star once installed?

I would get it on a Star before changing anything.

Swapping parts until you find the fault is an expensive way to do things.

I have a similar problem.....did you resolve this?

When I got my 05 plate clk, it just been fitted with new ignition switch and this caused all sorts of problms, instruments, indicators etc not working. I think the ignition keys had to be synochronized using Star.

I thought it might be just my regular key, but I noticed the last time out that the spare key has started doing the same thing.....turns in the switch but absolutely no recognition from the car that I want to go home!
Ungrateful thing it is.

Interestingly it is only occasionally so not stranded....yet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom