Clk 320 outside temperature gauge

Discussion in 'Electronics' started by chaz1702, Jun 14, 2015.

1. chaz1702

chaz1702 New Member

Car:
    Mercedes Clk 320 2003
    Hi all 2003 clk outside temperature gauge reads higher than it actually is it used to read slightly higher but now it says it's 22°c when it's quite nippy outside any ideas appreciated cheers

2. tec

tec Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    CLK320 CDi SPORT V6
    My CLK reads about 3 degrees higher than it should, so this is either a calibration issue or a common fault.

Does anyone know where the sensor is located?

3. OP
    OP
    chaz1702

chaz1702 New Member

Car:
    Mercedes Clk 320 2003
    Its actually my uncles car and it used to read 3 degrees higher but this last year its completely wrong ibe heard its near the fog light but unsure also do you know where the engine oil dipstick and transmission oil dipstick is? As there is one with a black cap at the back but im unsure which one it is thanks

4. tec

tec Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    CLK320 CDi SPORT V6
    To check the engine oil level it's done on the dash computer with the engine off.

Just scroll through steering wheel up/down buttons until you see engine oil level check with the engine off.

There are blanked off dipstick tubes in the engine bay, but you you need a special service dipstick to use these.

5. OP
    OP
    chaz1702

chaz1702 New Member

Car:
    Mercedes Clk 320 2003
    Ok thanks but could anybody point me in the direction of which dipstick is which