CLK 320 Roof, Manually open.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

zxrichie

Car
ML350
Hi Guys, you may have been following my exploits so far with my roof handle and the solution i came up with, however i have been unable to apply it to the roof because as i was using the roof one day it stopped opening and just made noises. When i did finally get the roof in a half open state, i noticed down under the compartment cover where the levers hide, (on the pass side) a lot of oil splattered everywhere. As i was away from home and rain was forecast i managed to close the roof.

Now i want to investigate the problem, i'm having issues manually opening the roof. I have unscrewed the valve but when it comes to the manual unlocking of the bow lock, 1 - i have no tool kit and 2 - it doesn't look possible to put anything down there at all from above.

So does anyone have a template or the real thing i could have , and is there a manual online etc where i could get better diagrams etc.

Thanks

Rich

Okay guys, well dont panic!! i dont need A "c" SPANNER, I Managed without it, So with the bow raised i can see the mechanism, whilst i got a mate to operate the roof switch, i could see small air bubbles coming from the end of the piston, i would assume then that the seal has gone.

So what i need to do is get to this area. it looks like i need to remove the rear et side panel. So anyone removed this? or can help with diagrams, Any help with htis would be appreciated

Thanks

Rich

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom