Clk 320 w208 body work alignment issue

Discussion in 'Bodywork' started by Lamnea, Apr 2, 2017.

1. Lamnea

Lamnea New Member

Car:
    Clk 320 , 118d , 523i , st220 , rs200 Clio, twingo rs
    Hello ,

I've just picked up a Clk 320 last week , I've been doing a fair amount of work (she's certainly in need)! When I purchased of assumed a front end collision as the bumper / bonnet didn't align on the right side . After fixing a sticky bonnet latch the bonnet is now down properly, bumper is off and seems fine (plenty of damage at the bottom but I'm guessing this was just a speed bump), slam bar and light mounts show no sign of damage so I'm thinking the issue is with the bonnet !

I've never looked at CLk alignment before to have a reference to go on, it almost seems to me like someone's prised the front of the bonnet up to get at the bonnet release ?

I've got a gap about 1.5 cm big around my lights between the lights and bonnet, evenly on both sides of the car. The bonnet lines are even with the wings and look fine to me.

My question is , does this suggest damage else were or is the bonnet bent , or can it be adjusted ??

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    photo sharing free

Thanks for any advice in advanced !

Attached Files: