Clk 320 wheel vibration

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Blackhammer

SUPPORTER
Car
Lexus RX450H
Hi all

I have a slight vibration only noticeable above 65ish mph.I had all 4 wheels balanced and was told the right front was the issue. The car is better than it was, however I still get the vibration, no other issues below this speed.

Does this mean I have a buckled wheel, or do I need to have the suspension looked at? The car has a 12 month mot with advisories.

Thanks in advance

The MOT status is not relevant, you could damage a wheel driving out of the Test centre plus the MOT does not check wheels for balance etc.

It is possible you have a buckled wheel or a tyre that is damaged and no longer round, no amount of balancing will cure this. Start with a local tyre fitters that can fix buckled wheels and ask them to investigate.

Surely a buckled wheel won't balance on a machine?

Also check the bleeding obvious; are the wheel bolts done up? Is there play in the hub? - I thought the hub was shot on my Nissan, but it was as simple as the nut on the drive shaft needed retorquing.

Car is booked in at tyre place on Saturday so will see what they come back with

Car is booked in at tyre place on Saturday so will see what they come back with

keep us updated

Dropped the car off this morning, same place but different bloke, both front wheels balanced, they didn't charge me again which was bonus.

Took the car the out for a blast the vibration has 99% gone at motorway speeds. Not 100% but I'm not sure if that is down to me being overly sensitive and fussy or the road surface or the tyres

Dropped the car off this morning, same place but different bloke, both front wheels balanced, they didn't charge me again which was bonus.

Took the car the out for a blast the vibration has 99% gone at motorway speeds. Not 100% but I'm not sure if that is down to me being overly sensitive and fussy or the road surface or the tyres

Great news

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom