CLK 350 boot lock not unlocking on remote

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Automac29

Car
A207 E-Class E220 BlueTec AMG-line Cabriolet 2015 auto
I have a CLK 350 (W209) cabriolet. The manual opening (release) handle on the boot will now suddenly not work when the rest of the car locks are opened on the normal "all open" button on the remote control. Please - any ideas??

To clarify:
- The boot lock opens fine when either the boot release button (on the drivers-side door) and/or the boot-only button on the remote is pushed.

- The manual boot handle works fine with the emergency key.

- I have tried the factory remote-locks reset (by pushing both the open and close buttons on the remote) - no change there....

- I have sprayed 3-in-1 into the whole lock - and the solenoid sounds 'nice' (but still the handle will not release on the usual 'all open' remote button.:wallbash:

Mine was similar.. ended up with some 3in1 oil in a spray can and worked the handle in the boot until it slackened.. seemed to work and restore boot lid function. also clean the lock until spotless as it get a load of crap in there and again run 3in1 down the key and work it.. should restore the function...

Re reading your post it may mean opening the boot lid and checking the solonoid rods are still connected...

Thanks wu56Shoozz. Your thought about the solenoid rod sounds interesting and pretty logical. I am currently trying to work out how to remove the plastic trim around the boot latch. 2 torx screws removed but there is some clip behind the trim that is fooling me...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom