CLK 350 Sat nav issue

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gazza1965

Car
2007 CLK 350 coupe
Hi all, newbie here.. Just bought a 2007 CLK 350 coupe and the sat nav doesn't work. When trying to set the time I get the message "no gps data available" Has anyone come across this? I did get a CD with the system, but it is a copy so dont know if its the correct one. Any help gratefully received

Hi all, newbie here.. Just bought a 2007 CLK 350 coupe and the sat nav doesn't work. When trying to set the time I get the message "no gps data available" Has anyone come across this? I did get a CD with the system, but it is a copy so dont know if its the correct one. Any help gratefully received
Welcome,

A 2007 CLK would have a DVD for the navigation. Be wary of copy disks.

It sounds like the GPS antenna has failed. The time is derived from the GPS signal and if you are not seeing any satellites then you wont be able to set the time. From the MAP display screen you can set the display to show 'Current location'. this will display the number of satellites the system can see, height and GPS coordinates on the bottom of the MAP display. If you get '-' then the antenna has failed. If you get '0' then the GPS circuit in the comand has failed!

Welcome,

A 2007 CLK would have a DVD for the navigation. Be wary of copy disks.

It sounds like the GPS antenna has failed. The time is derived from the GPS signal and if you are not seeing any satellites then you wont be able to set the time. From the MAP display screen you can set the display to show 'Current location'. this will display the number of satellites the system can see, height and GPS coordinates on the bottom of the MAP display. If you get '-' then the antenna has failed. If you get '0' then the GPS circuit in the comand has failed!

Thanks Alfie, Just been out to the car and indeed I get '-' so must be the antenna - Is this an expensive fix?
Thanks again for your help mate

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom