CLK 3rd Brake Light

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

merc_forever

The rear bootlid brake light on my pre-facelift CLK is acting a bit strangely, its pulsing on and off when I apply the brake and I get a malfunction on the instrument cluster.

I know there is a common problem with the lens cracking on these as it has on mine and I assume water has got in. I have been looking for a HOWTO to fix this but cant find one, is there one on this site?

Help gratefully appreciated as ever,

Ryan

I've just had mine replaced under warranty, as far as I can see you have to remove the interior trim on the inside of the boot lid to replace the light unit.
I've never seen any how to's on any of the sites.

Russ

Hi, Same light in my 05 clk dropped inside . Went to dealer , they said £175 including the part. So I decided to do it myself. Very easy. Just strip the boot hinge covers, strip the interior upholstery, uncsrew boot lock cover and unscrew three bolt holding the light unit. Undo the elec. connection and replace or fix it.
In my case I glued the red bit to its place and cost me £5.

Good man thanks - ill give it a go in the morning and take a few pics while im doing it.

Ryan

Got it off and the problem was indeed that water had got in through a crack, tried cleaning up the connections but didnt work.

Could anyone advise where best to but a new one, I believe the part number I need is A 209 820 09 56. Would there be anywhere online I could buy one?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom