Clk 430 £7500

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Thought it might be some sort of scam until I saw the Mileage: 189788 :eek:

That's some mileage ! Looks mint though ... somebody has looked after that !

S.

fatherpierre said:
189k is nothing.

They will do 1000000 miles if looked after.

I very much doubt that!!

fatherpierre said:
189k is nothing.

They will do 1000000 miles if looked after.

"Old Skool" Mercs such as W123/W124/W201/W126 are capable of high mileage if looked after/serviced but I doubt that a W208 and any other modern Merc would be able to cover 1000000 miles now as MB quality has gone seriously down hill!!!

It may not make the 1000000 mark but It'll certainley do twice what its done already.

It's a lot of car for the money, high miles or not. What does £7.5k buy these days?

Geordiemark1 said:
It may not make the 1000000 mark but It'll certainley do twice what its done already.

It's a lot of car for the money, high miles or not. What does £7.5k buy these days?

Top spec W140s can be had for similar money or less and with way less mileage but they can be very problematic but are solid cars...

I agree that if the car goes for £7.5K it is alot of a car for the money but it wont be too long before the bodywork would start to rot away... :devil:

Vips said:
I very much doubt that!!

Maybe I'm basing my thoughts on the old Mercs I buy and use!

I had a 1978 W116 280SE with 10040000 on the clock (original engine and box) when I bought it. I put another 8k on it and it was still going strong when I sold it.

W116 is a beautiful classic which the W126 replaced back in 1980/81... These cars were "true" solid Mercs that had bullet proof engines if they were serviced/maintained...

Flash said:
W116 is a beautiful classic which the W126 replaced back in 1980/81... These cars were "true" solid Mercs that had bullet proof engines if they were serviced/maintained...

I bet they came with pipe rack as standard:D

Its strange, all my old cars fell to bits during the 80's, required major work/component replacement.

The cars I've had lately have driven like new at the same sort of mileage that had the "classics" falling to bits. I've got an old mazda 323 V6 i use for a work run round. Its got 140000 miles on it and starts on the button, all the toys work and has NEVER let me down.

Rose tinted specs?

But back to the point, I spent £7500 on my holidays last year, we are talking about buying a quality motor for the same money, even if you bought it and threw it away after 3 years and 45000 miles it would still be cheap motoring.

Flash said:
I agree that if the car goes for £7.5K it is alot of a car for the money but it wont be too long before the bodywork would start to rot away... :devil:

the first thing I would do with the car is clean it and look at every sq inch then get it to merc for the rust bubbles. that sort of service history has got to have kept the mobilo guarantee valid.

Flash said:

126 replaced 116 in 1979;)

Well someone just got it for £7500

fatherpierre said:
126 replaced 116 in 1979;)

Well I was close only out by 1 year... ;) :p

Very interesting!

What other newer models could be a great bargain with lots of miles? I have driven 200,000 mile plus ~2000 W220 s-classes and you really would not know. Which chassis/engines would be ones to go for, and which ones to avoid?

Russell

Big engined ones , so the engine hasn't been unduly stressed lugging a heavy body around .....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom