Clk 430 command TV not working

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
D

Deleted member 26392

My 2001 208 clk430 has command and lingtronic but the TV inst working. It says NO TV.

Any views on why this is the case or what I need to do to resolve?

Scott

Attachments

• IMG_20151112_093609.jpg
    IMG_20151112_093609.jpg
    232.4 KB · Views: 30
Most likely its Analog tuner where as you can only pick up Digital these days?

My 2001 208 clk430 has command and lingtronic but the TV inst working. It says NO TV.

Any views on why this is the case or what I need to do to resolve?

Scott

If it says 'No TV' it means there is no TV installed. Option not selected at build time.

If it were, and would be analogue anyway, it would be a fuzzy screen when TV is selected.

I got the 'NO TV' message when the analogue tuner failed. I replaced it with one from eBay and connected a cheap digital tuner to it.

Any chance you could send me the details of what to search for on ebay that will be compatible with the system? Where does it plug into? Scott

If the system on the CLK is the same as the one on mine, then these are the type of unit you need. There were various revisions to the analogue tuners but as far as I know they are all/mostly compatible.

mercedes tv tuner | eBay

The best thing to do is remove the existing tuner and check the part number. On my CL the tuner is behind the left-side trim panel in the boot, see pic. The tuner is held in place by the silver box in the centre of the pic. You can also see the digital tuner during testing. It's not the easiest job to add a digital tuner as you have to break into an existing aerial feed (the Mercedes plugs/sockets are non-standard) and find a switched 12v supply. You cannot use the live feed to the analogue tuner as it's permanently live and switched on internally via the CAN bus. Also, the older Merc tuners used non-standard AV connections. Later ones used phono connectors.

But before you splash the cash, just be aware that most people with TV in their car seldom use it, me included. By law, the picture has to mute above 5 kph so really it can only be watched when the car is stopped. Reception is rubbish much of the time too.

The digital tuner I fitted has an SD card slot and USB input and I fitted it mainly so that I could load an SD card with music and play that through the system.
_

Attachments

• P1010681.jpg
    P1010681.jpg
    126.3 KB · Views: 26
If the car was not specified from factory with the optional TV, there will be no wiring or antenna amplifiers for it ...

I had a 2000 CLK55 and it was not offered as an option in the UK. I don't know if it became available in 2001. I retrofitted it along with linguatronic :)

Richard

What option would it be?

I have attached the spec list: is it 862 ( TV Vorruestung)

ForumRunner_20151126_221531.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom