CLK 430 rear brakes issue

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

markwoodsey

Good morning

I own an CLK 430 V8 1999
I recently have had it stored in my garage for the last 18 months I have kept it started every few weeks , and recently took it for a MOT

it only failed on one thing however ! it’s stating that there’s no brakes working at the back of the vehicle offside rears the guy at the garage said it’s common for master cylinders to go and this could be the issue .

I got a mobile mechanic to come out and look at it next week any thoughts guys I would appreciate your views to what it could possibly be ?

regards
Mark

Good morning

I own an CLK 430 V8 1999
I recently have had it stored in my garage for the last 18 months I have kept it started every few weeks , and recently took it for a MOT

it only failed on one thing however ! it’s stating that there’s no brakes working at the back of the vehicle offside rears the guy at the garage said it’s common for master cylinders to go and this could be the issue .

I got a mobile mechanic to come out and look at it next week any thoughts guys I would appreciate your views to what it could possibly be ?

regards
Mark
Caliper pistons rusted too much to move ? Squeeze them back in slightly to see if you can get them moving

Thanks Peter
Appreciate the advice , I will check it out 👍

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom