CLK 500 CAB...PDI Accident...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Flash

MB Enthusiast
Car
Mercs
Rather then hi jack Scott's post any further thought I'd update yourselves. After kicking up a fuss with the Stealer's Sales Manager they have agreed to throw in a AMG Body KIT (factory fitted...) due to the circumstances and amount of business provided by my family but no couteousy car. The original car car was alreasy speced with AMG alloys and all I have to do is noe pay for the cost price of the AMG quad exhauts... however car is not availabale until January according to Stealer. They said they will put this in writing in the post tonight. Guess we cannot complain... :bannana: :bannana: :bannana:

Flash

Cheers Scott...

Sales Manager was quite arubt and we got no appology what so ever or a full explanation of how the inital accident occurred by the technician (moran behind the wheel... he drove into back of someone accoridng to the sales woman off the record...). Sales Manager at first said he would refund the deposit and end the matter and when I said fine and mentioned my Father and the number of vehicles the family had bought through them he changed his attitude after verifyinmg this with the Sales Lady and records...).

Flash

Did they tell you who was driving during this "PDI test thrash"? Bet that is one very unpopular bunny right now.

Satch said:
Did they tell you who was driving during this "PDI test thrash"? Bet that is one very unpopular bunny right now.

Not a dickie word - they said "accidents happen.... and they cannot discuss any disciplinary action with me" and that a investigation shall be held - my a*se. Only concnern at moment is in case they abuse the next one. The smashed one had 70 miles in clock - wifey checked this out this morning at bodyshop. Makes u wonder.

My theory is that it was prob was a corprate or nromal customer taken it on test drive... or the morans at the delaership just abusing and ripping another car.

Flash

70 miles ? Norm is 3-4 miles. It may have been one of the cars selected at the factory for an extra long test before its transported to the UK. Although more likely a numb nutz at the dealership.....

Bad luck Flash - hope that they sort it ASAP. Worth writing to DC UK just to make sure you get the best treatment ?

Clarky.

Sounds a Good Result, but look at all the Hassle. :crazy:

saorbust said:
70 miles ? Norm is 3-4 miles. It may have been one of the cars selected at the factory for an extra long test before its transported to the UK. Although more likely a numb nutz at the dealership.....

Bad luck Flash - hope that they sort it ASAP. Worth writing to DC UK just to make sure you get the best treatment ?

Clarky.

Good to hear from you again Clarky... right now I and her are annoyed and tomorrow was suppsoed to be her big day as it was her late b'day present but never mind... Letter to DC as you ahve suggested will be def be worth while (cheers...) as I am at moment not very popular down there and wifey even said herself that the Service Advisors were grinning at her (they know who I am...) been tied up at office/work all day so could not go with her.

Brian: I suppose it was a result in the end but as you said "a lot of hassel". We are going to loose 20 odd per cent of the insurance premium which we had paid for up front to commence from tomorrow - I've only just remembered. I will try and claim this back - I have emailed the Sales Manager.

Flash

you thought about waiting for the CLK facelift that supposed to be due next summer? the ones being produced now have the revised center console (below the vents) from the C class.

Last edited:
C240Sport97 said:
you thought about waiting for the CLK facelift that supposed to be due next summer? the ones being produced now have the revised center console (below the vents) from the C class.

C240Sport - thats good advise you have given and thanks (I never even knew about the revised centre console). It would be nice to have the revised facelifted model but the thing is we have waited soo long for this one and had our hearts set on it in January ready for Sept delivery so that 1).funds would allow us to and 2).Delivery would have been taken on the new 54 plate. I wonder how drastcially the AMG bodyskit shall be modified in the face lift? Dont know if wifey can wait that long... will talk it through with her once she's calmed down.

I love Mercs and always will but just cannot stand the Stealerships now after all that has happened and their attitude in general (especially today). Myself/family have had alot of bad experiences with a number of them and to tell you the truth I am scared/nervious about leaving any of our cars in the custody.

Flash

have you thought about the BMW 645Ci Convertible (4.4 liter V8 producing about 333 bhp compared to the CLK's 306 bhp)? they also do a 630Ci (it's the new 3.0 l producing 258 bhp) Convertible ...

Someone in my building has one (the 645Ci Convertible), and it is in a league above the CLK and not that much more expensive than a CLK fully specced up. And no imminent facelift!!

And that rear window which retracts while the hood is up (it's also the wind deflector) .. it's bloody fabulous and no other current production car has it.

Flash said:
C240Sport - thats good advise you have given and thanks (I never even knew about the revised centre console). It would be nice to have the revised facelifted model but the thing is we have waited soo long for this one and had our hearts set on it in January ready for Sept delivery so that 1).funds would allow us to and 2).Delivery would have been taken on the new 54 plate. I wonder how drastcially the AMG bodyskit shall be modified in the face lift? Dont know if wifey can wait that long... will talk it through with her once she's calmed down.

I love Mercs and always will but just cannot stand the Stealerships now after all that has happened and their attitude in general (especially today). Myself/family have had alot of bad experiences with a number of them and to tell you the truth I am scared/nervious about leaving any of our cars in the custody.

Flash

Yes please! 6 series goodness. YUM!

Last edited by a moderator:
Maff said:
Nah, i'll take a CL anyday! ;)

I have to agree ... CL far outclasses either a 645 or a CLK500 for that matter.

Its a diferent league :D :bannana: :bannana:

the price of the CL is also in a different league ...

fuzzer said:
I have to agree ... CL far outclasses either a 645 or a CLK500 for that matter.

Its a diferent league :D :bannana: :bannana:

C240Sport97 said:
have you thought about the BMW 645Ci Convertible (4.4 liter V8 producing about 333 bhp compared to the CLK's 306 bhp)? they also do a 630Ci (it's the new 3.0 l producing 258 bhp) Convertible ...

Someone in my building has one (the 645Ci Convertible), and it is in a league above the CLK and not that much more expensive than a CLK fully specced up. And no imminent facelift!!

And that rear window which retracts while the hood is up (it's also the wind deflector) .. it's bloody fabulous and no other current production car has it.

Last night she did mention an Audi A4 instead with the Sports Pack but we were not to keen on that... 3 series was def a no goer..... We are popping down BMW later today (thanks to your recommendation there ;) ) as after all that happened yesterday the Stealer can now shove the AMG Body Kit up their a*se - the Sales Manager was too rude to her (she told me full story last night) when she demanded a new car and CLK cab couteousy car in the mean time until the ne wone arrived - we have not told them this yet as we have not made a final decison or seen the 6 series yet. I'm so tempted to go down to MB Stealer today and kickup a fuss with the sales lot in front of customers (as Sat is their busiest day...) just to wind them up... and warn few plp off...

As C240sport said the CL is a totally different price range and we initally set out for a sports convertible/soft top. No doubt that the CL is a stunning car and my father used to have one which we all adored.

Flash

Flash said:
Last night she did mention an Audi A4 instead with the Sports Pack but we were not to keen on that... 3 series was def a no goer..... We are popping down BMW later today (thanks to your recommendation there ;) ) as after all that happened yesterday the Stealer can now shove the AMG Body Kit up their a*se - the Sales Manager was too rude to her (she told me full story last night) when she demanded a new car and CLK cab couteousy car in the mean time until the ne wone arrived - we have not told them this yet as we have not made a final decison or seen the 6 series yet. I'm so tempted to go down to MB Stealer today and kickup a fuss with the sales lot in front of customers (as Sat is their busiest day...) just to wind them up... and warn few plp off...

As C240sport said the CL is a totally different price range and we initally set out for a sports convertible/soft top. No doubt that the CL is a stunning car and my father used to have one which we all adored.

Flash

Look at the audi S4 cab too :)

remember the A4 is being facelifted with the huge grill -- they arrive early next year. A4 is almost as common as the 3 series cab.

I'd definitely look at the 630/645 cab, lovely looking cars.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom