CLK 55 AMG Cracked Pipe Into Engine Head - M113

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bdman

Car
Mercedes CL 63 AMG W216
Hi guys - not posted too much here before but would really appreciate some help.

I cleaned the MAF this morning on my 55 and as I was putting the engine cover back on I noticed one of the pipes leading into the top of the right hand engine head had a cable tie round the entry point. I looked a bit closer and saw that the cable tie was cracked.

Ive posted pics of this pipe and so my question is what is it and does it need replacing? If so is it a big job because that pipe looks to start from really low down.

Any help would be much appreciated

Cheers guys,

K

Attachments

• IMG_8283.jpg
    IMG_8283.jpg
    223 KB · Views: 49
  • IMG_8280.jpg
    IMG_8280.jpg
    221.6 KB · Views: 51
  • IMG_8281.jpg
    IMG_8281.jpg
    223.5 KB · Views: 42
breather pipe I believe... probably not expensive and maybe 30 mins to replace... It is a bit fiddly back there though!

Hi,
Mine went the same way when I did mine, because I needed the car the next day I decided to do a temporary repair, by slipping a six inch length of suitably sized heat shrink over the damaged pipe fitting the pipe back in position and shrinking it down. It was only ever meant as a temporary solution till I could replace the pipes, but I never got round to it.

I replaced that nearside one on my c55 the other day. Price has come down to about £6!

Thanks guys - much appreciated

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom