CLK 55 AMG Just Died, won't restart!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Geordiemark1

Help my AMG has just died on me!

Running fine, filled up with fuel, drive home(approx 3 miles) and switch off.

Return to car 15 mins later and it spins over but won't start. Go back into house to phone daughter and tell her I'll be late picking her up from school. Return to car and it starts! Pick her up and return home, car just dies on drive and won't restart.

I spoken to Shell who haven't had any reported fuel problems, they'll inverstigate.

Any pointers from anyone, before I phone the stealership?

Thanks

Mark

Well I went back to the car a few hours later and it started 1st try as usual.

switched it off/on half a dozen times and it was perfect.

Went to it this morning and again no problems, so I'll just carry on using it and see if it plays up again.

Shell of course say nothing wrong with thier fuel.

Thanks for answering my cry for help.

Can you recommend a good independant in the Cannock/Stafford area? I don't mind paying for the car to be maintaned, but the main dealer in Stafford takes the mick!

Shell of course say nothing wrong with thier fuel.

If it was the fuel the problem would be consistent ... it wouldn't come and go.

Mark

I guess if it was a fuel problem it would tend to stutter to a halt. Does it ?

If it is electrical (such as the crank sensor that was mentioned) it would be sudden like someone pulling out an electrical plug. Is it like that ?

If so, I also suggest crank sensor - about £85 for part. An hour charge to fit probably.

if it faults again when engine is warm/hot

id defo go for the crank sensor

Thanks again chaps, I haven't used the car much today, but it ran sweet as a nut as usual.

When it was acting up it was just like someone had flicked a switch, running fine then, dead.

But I'll keep an eye out for the problem re occurring when hot.

Last edited:
Well it did it again, so it going into the local stealership on tuesday

Hope you've got a deep wallet ..... :crazy:

£85 for the part , get an indy to fit it ...... ;)

Stealership will charge you hundreds upon hundreds ....

Can you recommend a good independant in the Cannock/Stafford area? I don't mind paying for the car to be maintaned, but the main dealer in Stafford takes the mick!
I can reccomend an indy near to me who is very good,I have been going to him for several years now and never once had to grumble about anything.Only problem is he is in stoke on trent not stafford.

I can reccomend an indy near to me who is very good,I have been going to him for several years now and never once had to grumble about anything.Only problem is he is in stoke on trent not stafford.

Can you let me have the contact details please?

ok here goes :)

Address:

Merx
25 Smithpool Road,
Stoke On Trent,
*** 4NJ

Telephone: 01782417720

Well been into Merx today. What a helpful place! I got there early (8.00 a.m.) as I didn't want to risk driving in rush hour traffic in case it cut out on me!

Place doesn't open until 9.00a.m., but one of the mechanics arrived early to move cars. He actually started the job for me and I was gone by 8.30a.m.!!!!!!!

All at a third the cost quoted by the stealership!

Big up for Merx and thanks for the advice off everyone.

Glad it worked out ok for you :D They are a good place to go. Was it the crankshaft angle sensor?

When I booked it in he said he was so confident that he'd get on in ready for me. They changed it and the problems gone, so it must have been.

Nice to hear of thanks given for good service, and that does sound like excellent service..

I d love to know how he done it in 30 mins. Horrid job

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom