clk 55 front demist problems

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

sammysamosa

Car
clk 55 amg 2003, capri 3.0gxl 1973, capri 3.1 x pack
the front passenger side front screen demister on my clk 55 amg (2003)seems to have stopped blowing, the driver's side is still a powerful blow but nothing on the other side, subsequently half the screen fails to demist ...any advice would be appreciated guys

Do you have the luxury A/C option?

Eitther way I think you may have a stepper motor / linkage problem. Do you have clicking noises on start up?

2003 will be a W209 will it not?

no there doesn't seem to be any clicking noises, it does have the luxury a/c, the car has only done 30k from new...i had read somewhere on the net that it's a dash out job :(

Someone may have disconnected the stepper motor to stop is being noisy... or the motor could simply have failed... Dash out job either way... We are doing one at the moment.... great fun.

After the amount of reading I have done on stepper motors Jay is right, it has either been unpluged or the motor is shot completely. Can't see it being disconnected, why go to the hassle when you'd be cheaper to replace, the labour is extreme.

Have a look at this, this is for a W203 left hand drive but it will be the exact same.

W203StepperMotors.jpg

After repairing M2/10 I'm left with A32m2 and M2/6 to sort out, problem is it is a dash out job!

Last edited:
well demister problems sorted at MB dealer,
actuator motors of defroster flaps replaced, charcoal filter motors replaced
total cost ....£614.47
thank God for warranty direct ( highly recommended)

I had the same problem was the steper motor . If it is that expect a bill of around £600 to repair it .

repair at merc of leicester resulted in scratched tv screen, cup holder stuck closed and one loose screw on floor .......so much for the experts .....grrrrrrrrrrr

Nice fleet of cars you've got there Mr Samosa

How's the issue going with the Merc Stealership?

samosa.jpg

No joy from them but will write to merc head office

I'd also write to whatcar magazine and watchdog and tell them that you are writing to them. Make them realise you are prepared to voice your problems in public.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom