CLK 63 AMG FRONT Bumper retrofit - C55

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

tudu

MB Enthusiast
Car
05 C200K Sport Edition (Kleemann)
I am about to order the CLK 63 AMG front bumper, but need the part no's: for the 2 adapter cables for foglights (think the CLK are H1 C55 is H7), and 2 front brackets for the 2 front bolts - anyone help?

CLK 63 AMG (chassis 209.377)

wiring harness/adapter line...
A211 540 81 09

Can you explain which brackets/bolts you mean?

Last edited:
CLK 63 AMG (chassis 209.377)

wiring harness/adapter line...
A211 540 81 09

Can you explain which brackets/bolts you mean?

Thanks Jay. Think there the 2 bolts that hold the bumper on, apparently they differ between CLK 63 and C55 (even though i have a W208 CLK front end). If the worst comes to it i might have to remove the front bumper and check whats there. The 63 BS fits but i would need to loose front foglights and do some serious bodywork to front wings to flare the arches.

Last edited:
C55 has a W209 front end ...

Will a 63 front bumper fit ? the w204 is a completely different shape ?

C55 has a W209 front end ...

Will a 63 front bumper fit ? the w204 is a completely different shape ?

pay attention, double oh seven!

he's going for a 209 CLK 63 bumper

pay attention, double oh seven!

he's going for a 209 CLK 63 bumper

Sorry , not with it today ... :eek:

Been varnishing a massive floor and my back aches ...

Ignore my ignorant ramblings please ! :D

More sexy mods! I knew it was only a question of time... :cool:

Thanks. After a long think about the C63 its just too high priced for what i want with the options. So decided to stick with the C55 for at least couple of years as it meets most of my requirements at the mo.

I really like the CLK 63 BS front, and although it would fit i would loose fogs and need extensive bodywork done on front wings to flare the arches to meet the bumper. Without doing the rear arches the C55 would look a bit odd.

So its a straight swap then? C55 to W209 - nice

Yep, apart from the adapter leads for the front fogs and 2 brackets and bolts its a straight swop luckily the C55 has CLK front end.

There's two M5x45 bolts listed on the 63 that aren't on the C55 drawings. They appear to be accessed from inside the wheel-arch.
Not sure if these are the ones you refere to.

There's two M5x45 bolts listed on the 63 that aren't on the C55 drawings. They appear to be accessed from inside the wheel-arch.
Not sure if these are the ones you refere to.

Cheers jay i will need to check - strange as when i did my headlight swap on my W203 C200K, i had to access the wheel arches to get at the bolt that holds the headlight in - wonder if this is the same bolt. The brackets and bolts i refer to i think are on the front of the bumper. I will check with SteveBenzNL as i think he has carried out this mod on a C55 in the states but i can't find any posts for it on MBWorld.

Then they could be...

M5x16 or M6x12 - 4 of each.

These seem to be around the grill area ???

Thanks. Are their brackets with them as well?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom