Clk Aftermarket double din

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

swann

I have got a double din head unit to go into a clk 320 auto coupe elegance w208 2002 51 plate.

But the wiring harness/connector/iso is not a fit for my new unit.

One side fits but the other has the pins in the wrong place.

I cant seem to find an aftermarket harness that will fit right with the pins in the right place. If worst comes to worse and i have to solder it which wires go to which?

On one side (aftermarket stereo) there is red,black, yellow and a blue one.

On the car side there is red with blue stripe, brown, blue with white stripe and green with red stripe.

anyone know which go to which.

So this one is the one that comes from the car which doesnt fit into the new plastic harness on the aftermarket headunit.

Where it should go (although the pins dont line up) has blue, yellow, red and black.

So everything fits except the one with four pins does not line up with the one with four pins on the other side.

And i cant find an adapter anywhere that makes them match. Hence thinking of soldering or connecting the wires instead.

Is there not an auto-leads harness adapter you can buy? That's what I did when I put my aftermarket audio in. Halfords or any car audio shop should be able to help

None do one that lines up with that arrangement of the four pins. :dk:

None do one that lines up with that arrangement of the four pins. :dk:

to be fair your connectors don't look like mine but suspect your car is newer, mine is a 1998 pre-facelift and the adapter fitted perfect, had to bring another live over to it but that was only the issue. Theres plenty of people on here who have done double din installations on W208's have you searched to see what they did? I think it might have been silver saloon that did one :dk:

I've had a good search first but no joy. Might take it to an auto electrician when i get chance and maybe he can swap around the way the pins are or something. Be tidier than soldering or connecting it.

I may just use connectors if i cant get a harness from anywhere.

But the question still remains. Which wires from puzzle a connect to those in puzzle b!

As you havent told us what stereo you have bought, there is no way anyone can answer the question !

Look in the stereo manual to find out what the different colour wires are.

On the MB, the brown is ground, and the other thick wire is the power feed. The other 2 wires are probably the output from the stereo to power up the antenna system, and possibly something like switched ignition feed or lights.

At this point, i'd suggest you visit an auto electrician!

R

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom