Clk amg 63 black series

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mer190

Car
Audi - RS4
Does anyone on here own one, or anybody driven one?

The is a member from US that owns one

A friend of mine had access to one. He took me for a spin in it. And my goodness was it fun! The car loved to waggle it's behind, without too much encouragement, even in the bone-dry conditions :D

Darren

Yes I do :eek:)

Hi, only joined today.

I know the question is an old one, but as I have only just joined thought I would respond anyway :eek:)

Yes I have owned a CLK63 Blackseries from new. (2 years now)

Love to share any information about it :eek:)

:thumb:

Hi, only joined today.

I know the question is an old one, but as I have only just joined thought I would respond anyway :eek:)

Yes I have owned a CLK63 Blackseries from new. (2 years now)

Love to share any information about it :eek:)

:thumb:

Hi and welcome to the forum:),how about some pic than :thumb:

I saw the reg for sale, about 10 years ago and thought gotta have that .. broke the bank but thought thats so me!!

Done 30,000 miles in her since I have had it from new, and every sec has been nothing sort of fantastic. . so hard not to drive it quick all the time though!

Now that work has given me more time :eek:)

I saw the reg for sale, about 10 years ago and thought gotta have that .. broke the bank but thought thats so me!!

Done 30,000 miles in her since I have had it from new, and every sec has been nothing sort of fantastic. . so hard not to drive it quick all the time though!

Now that work has given me more time :eek:)

Looks fantastic, especially in black. As others have said the registration is great too...

Love the number plate. The car is ok I suppose..:rolleyes:

Lovely car - I think the Black Series models just have a certain coolness about them! They have also held their value extremely well....a great buy :thumb:

How do you find the ride/handling? I only ask as I'm having KW Coilovers fitted to my C63 next week - I've chosen the KW's as they are the same make that AMG use for the BS models and are of very similar spec to the ones fitted to the CLK63 BS.

Fantastic car. Tell us more...

Done any interesting trips in it?

Have you tracked it?

What is it like to live with?

:)

Hi Palmball. .
The ride is firm but yet not bone jar stuff. . it is a balance between comfort and performance. As the suspension can be set (shims) manually, then it can be adjusted but I have left them factory set. I take it to track days and it does need more work, as it does "bounce" a bit sometimes at 130+ on corners (too firm perhaps). But you do feel planted and safe. (Thank goodness for driver aids though lol) .. (done 4 track days but only go out later when all the nutters have crashed or run out of fuel / tyres). It is not as nimble around the track sometimes as you think (it is almost 2 tons after all), but when it gets past 100, thats when thew horses make all the difference and everything is left behind. . so fast tracks are its real showing). That said only Atoms etc are the ones that normally pass me. . but after all I am not going to wreck it for anyone!

I have a E320 which I use for most business trips but I do use this car for long weeks at a time too (sometimes 1000 miles in the week). It has been faultless in the 35,000 miles on the clock and average about 23 to the gallon on trips. . . (4-6 to the gallon around the circuit though lol). .

I have been lucky to have had 360's, DB7's, 911's in my time. . but this car is miles ahead in all round practicallity and performance. . a rare balance. I aint never going to sell it :eek:))

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom