CLK and Cupholders

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Adit

Car
W209 Clk Sport
Hi All,

Probably been done to death before, but my CLK (c209) doesn't have any cup holders...in the dash I have a sunglasses compartment..not sure if the cup holder was an option?

I have a google, and it appears its a difficult & expensive task to retrofit. Has anyone had any joy with a vent mounted cup holder?

thanks in advance,

Adit.

I did it a couple of months back after I found one on eBay:

Quad1_zps0f3d6d11.jpg

Tricky mod which envolves removing half of the dashboard.

Rest of my W209 modifications here:
http://www.mbclub.co.uk/forums/members-gallery/136930-killerhertzs-w209-clk270-cdi.html

Thanks killerhertz, That's what I want, however don't have the time or skills to be honest to do.
So until I feel brave enough, thought I'd get a vent based one...I will keep an eye on eBay for the parts.

So was it a cost option then?

Pretty sure it was actually a no cost option - think KillerHertz mentions that in his thread.

Thanks bing...looks good. Will see if I can find a UK supplier in the first instance.

My 2008 CLK63 Black Series may not have a back seat but it came with a cup holder in the center console:

Attachments

• VBS3.jpg
    VBS3.jpg
    125.6 KB · Views: 32
Last edited:
RBYCC said:
My 2008 CLK63 Black Series may not have a back seat but it came with a cup holder in the center console:

Have you changed the original seats ?

Don and Killer

USA DOT federal safety standards precluded the Black Series from entering the USA with the Euro spec seats and carbon door cards.

The seats are manual operation and don't have side airbags installed.

Ed A.

Last edited:
Ah makes sense, that looks like an electronic seat adjuster switch on the side of the seat though?

Add some more photos of it to the gallery! :)

Last edited:
Ah makes sense, that looks like an electronic seat adjuster switch on the side of the seat though?

Add some more photos of it to the gallery! :)

Only electrical adjustment is the seat back.

Forward and backward movement and height adjustment is manual.

My CLK BS will be in an upcoming edition of Mercedes Enthusiast.
The article is primarily on my C124 widebody build, but there was a photo comparison of the CLK BS and the C124.
Oddly enough the cars, although twenty years apart share about the same dimensions.
In essence the first mid size E-Class and the last widebody builds.

Cheers

Ed A.

Mercedes didn't intend their cars to have cupholders...nor visit MaccyD, Costa, or any other drive through establishment.

Mercedes didn't intend their cars to have cupholders...nor visit MaccyD, Costa, or any other drive through establishment.

Oddly enough, I couldn't agree with you more :crazy:

It's a sign of the times where the automobile must emulate the home environment...from refreshments to video screens.
Even Command/GPS/Maps.....never use it in the two Mercs I own that have it.! Always manage to get where I'm going and return without any problem !!

I don't even use a cell phone....not that important of a person to have access or to be accessible 24/7.

Prefer just the basics and a few comfort features such as heat and A/C, but even these are not that necessary if I want a true driving experience !

Ed A.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom