CLK - Audio Equipment

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

kenam

Car
Avensis mk1
Is there a good guide somewhere to what Audio equipment and speakers I might find in a CLK?

I have found some bits and pieces like a youtube video about adding BlueTooth to RADIO AUDIO 20 (Which I think is most basic) - but I dont know the full options and if I can replace them after purchase.

There's alot out there. My CLK has a pioneer sphda120 app radio which is brilliant. With the speakers and with a nice subwoofer in the back it looks and sounds fantastic.
I didn't have to think about this minefield though, it came like it. (thanks to Abs @clk320x)
IMG_20190502_064457.jpg IMG_20190502_064540.jpg

Mrs Edd1968's has a factory Audio 20 with changer in the glove compartment. It does everything it says on the tin. Hers has the Bluetooth adapter in the centre armrest which also works perfectly well.IMG_20190502_065230.jpg

...and this is COMAND (NTG2) with Harmon Kardon speakers:
ygnpwQYT1RworlNCDbJmvGYsspPQo1WQ74gvfDk_3700E9ycedQVquHr77c3Du2H-pHQ4ve1ZDZmCoJ9TpV0jNt-KaahA1r_mCod6BxC6nOAshaPRb0rrdAoy2jKCsr_uIubvq1vSf3BB8PhjmEZ_sTfLNiUnF2wVDIFWI_5qoNO--bRkUAM9TCMbCDHorfM-I8hRCR5BPkLTojbxdw-3cP1T9BjTKFFamMQKoFR3UWvQRYXDsZSjhqkEKpqunSkc9nnkI5RgJPEA8BoOjXhFPmpOPe2oFvb6lKCxk792CBmBO2HE6svhfi32y-tMJcGFamZr5k2i6C97hbeitvmkue8Iv8TzhB9QOHI287YveKMdnQ4IhIoTEuJ3Kxdi11ETYHIEQkfsXc5eA3Srq2XiU1L_7_Ol9FWnwQ7MfuyUemQLPIZPBqJutTpePM1XgNM9MleZ26AR9TW0SAsZHT26-8KIb61U-sif5kXzaNxNARnONNffr7XdWpZu0lyk9Sr_W2vmVG0LEBsB-LO6HTpYgytsYmROh4LTcyuK-sPNxoScO0wZWHvi3YcFz9siiax-qa2vNiHVnDLe9uNBW25-2rfsRSoazmd5Gw1RAqP3Q7xhex3_kTM3m9XTNov1lyrDaDh3tEGS2wmLgJ-1nDdV96O32OOiysWwUzmxyc9cgFfhOQuaMPTZSySARVjQ7Dqbh0ODVAiB-NtCCinH8jGL2MShA=s920-no

Also with CD stacker in the glovebox, bluetooth puck in the armrest, and auxiliary input.

If you're looking at a build sheet, it's:
  • 386 Mobile Pre-installation
  • 527 COMAND DVD APS With Navigation
  • 810 Sound System
  • 819 CD Changer

Don’t forget that the CLK63 has the loud shouty thing under the bonnet for audio :cool:

Yeah I heard that’s a good speaker :D
Hope you’re well mate haven’t spoken in a while!

Abs

Mine has the NTG2 Comand like Pobody, but don’t even consider spending money to upgrade to it. It’s prehistoric! Go for an upgrade like Edd1968 has.....the MB stuff from the era was; to be polite, crap!

I’m constantly tempted by the Dension Gateway 500 as it will allow to preserve the OEM appearance whilst adding the necessary features of BT, Phone and USB playback.

Just not sure on how complex the fitting may be...

All audio in the w209 is £hite. Best to get the most basic you can as it's easier to rip out. My car despite being poverty spec (plastic seats !) Came with HK and it was rubbish and cost twice as much to change being fibre optic as it would have cost being the basic system !

Sounds like I'm the only one happy with the original system. :dk:

Maybe it's just that I don't know any better, but I prefer it to the system in a brand new Toyota (like my parents have).

Sounds like I'm the only one happy with the original system. :dk:

Maybe it's just that I don't know any better, but I prefer it to the system in a brand new Toyota (like my parents have).
Mrs Edd1968 is also very happy with her audio 20 set up. She rarely uses it tbh as she prefers the sound of her V6 under the bonnet!
... She's a keeper!! ;)

She rarely uses it tbh as she prefers the sound of her V6 under the bonnet!

ye but sometimes you gotta stop and put petrol in or eat a sandwich or whatever so could be handy now and again :)

Yeah I heard that’s a good speaker :D
Hope you’re well mate haven’t spoken in a while!

Abs

Hey bud,

Yeah, I’m all good thanks.
Hope things are well with you too.
Just been so busy with things for a while now.
Need some time out.
Ollie’s meet should be a welcome break from things.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom