CLK back on the road and in fine form

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

flango

Hardcore MB Enthusiast
Car
Mercedes SLK R171
As a few of you know SWMBO had a little mishap in the CLK which meant getting a second hand alloy then getting it refurbed + a bit of bodywork, well after a quick valet today she's back on the road and in screaming fine form (the car that is not SWMBO :D) A couple snaps below.

Doncaster-20120604-00007.jpg

Doncaster-20120604-00005.jpg

Doncaster-20120604-00004.jpg

So next stop Yorkshire curry night on 14th (Work permitting) she also needs a bit of paint correction now to remove some existing swirls on the front end so will attend to that over the coming weeks too.

Let a summer of fair weather motoring commence :thumb:

Last edited:
Looking very good Ian.

Edit. Hark what is this.

I spy flags out in the Peoples Republic of South Yorkshire and not Confederate ones either.

Nice one Ian. I hope this is the last of your bad luck for 2012.

Cheers Steve I hope so too business back up and running now thanks to snap on, ford and vauxhall dealers and friends :thumb:

TJ been trying to get a Confederate flag everywhere but no luck :D

Loving those wheels! They'd look good on mine, what are they and how much were they?

Brabus , lots.

Loving those wheels! They'd look good on mine, what are they and how much were they?

Brabus monoblock VI I bought them from a dealer in South Africa and had them shipped back to the UK when I was out there on a business trip for a fraction of the price you can buy them in Europe. Just had to buy one one German ebay and get it refurbed to replace the one swmbo smashed. When I bought the car it had amg wheels on but had been originally supplied Brabus to a semi famous resteraunteur in London it had Brabus K1 tuning, exhaust, suspension so I thought it right to put it back on Brabus wheels and to be fair the monoblock VI are a little newer than the period of the car but I just loved them and glad you do too, thanks :thumb:

Car sits a tad high? ( IMHO )

Car sits a tad high? ( IMHO )

Photos were taken when I'd just dropped it down off the jack having changed the alloy so suspension had not settled. It actually sits 38mm lower than standard and fills the arches really nicely as anyone who has seen it will confirm :thumb:

I'll be stealing those wheels at the first opportunity

I'll be stealing those wheels at the first opportunity

Your opportunity could be on 13th it could do with a motorway run :D

Great I ll bring my clk that night too. You can have the AMG wheels for nothing. How generous am I.

Great I ll bring my clk that night too. You can have the AMG wheels for nothing. How generous am I.

I still have the amg I took off mine been sat in my shed for 5 years :doh: really should put them on ebay :D

Let me see them first.

Let me see them first.

Ok show you on 13th as one of them is in the boot as a spare, they have a polished rim which is perfect but the centres could do with a refurb and powder coat 17" in size :thumb:

Photos were taken when I'd just dropped it down off the jack having changed the alloy so suspension had not settled. It actually sits 38mm lower than standard and fills the arches really nicely as anyone who has seen it will confirm :thumb:

Strangely something I have never experienced, even after swapping over to summer wheels, suspension was as normal directly the jack was lowered.

Mine had the polished rim but after 2 refurbs I could not be bothered with the water ingress again and just got them done silver all over. I might just get mine done Ian as I'm hoping to put this car into weekend only use soon.

Strangely something I have never experienced, even after swapping over to summer wheels, suspension was as normal directly the jack was lowered.

With performance suspension it never goes back to the correct ride height after coming off the jacks that's why with rally cars you have to blast around the service area when the car has come off the jacks before going on stage :thumb:

Last edited:
Mine had the polished rim but after 2 refurbs I could not be bothered with the water ingress again and just got them done silver all over. I might just get mine done Ian as I'm hoping to put this car into weekend only use soon.

Mines in weekend use but had a refurb on one of my current diamond cut alloys 3 years ago and it's still perfect as you will see

With performance suspension it never goes back to the correct ride height after coming off the jacks that's why with rally cars you have to blast around the service area when the car has come off the jacks before going on stage :thumb:

Mine is fitted with Bilstein coil-overs ...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom