clk boot brake light fell out w209

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

kwmason

Car
320 CLK Convertible, AMG upgrade
So A friend of mine slammed the boot on my 2004 clk and the boor break light came apart. ie the red "lense" fell off and the inards now raqttle about.

cheapest working fix?

Take it out and glue / clip it back together.

is this a pretty straightforward affair then - i assume i would need to hold the innards in place while i supperglued the outer red lens to them?

Exactly the same happened to me.

Don't try & fix it 'in situ'. Remove the rattly bits from inside the boot lid, glue the red bit back onto it & re-fit.

Superglue worked fine for me. Apart from gluing myself to everything I touched, that is.

Ian.

Is this a common thing or what? This happened to me last night as I closed the boot of my SL, the light just dropped out and when I looked, the innards was a bit bent on the inside.

Help please...

£65 for a new one from the dealer.
Mine cracked like yours did and then the LED's started to go out one by one.
When there was only a few left, the malfunction light came on.

Apparently MB changed the design/material as they realised they were cracking and having to be replaced under warranty.

Best long term fix.

I have the same thing and it seems to be a common problem as i found out after putting 'mercedes clk brake light' in Google search with many owners having replaced this item two or three times! Mercedes seem to be aware of the problem and replaced many under warranty but won't do a recall! It is suggested that the boot lid opens to forcefuly and also slamming it shut both causes the breakage so take care!

job done fixed with glue, once i worked out how it was held in place, dont imagine it will last forever as it is a design issue so no slamming of the boot might help it last longer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom