Clk c208 convertible storage ,electrical gremlins

Discussion in 'Electronics' started by aabravo, Feb 27, 2016.

1. aabravo

aabravo New Member

Car:
    R129 SL, 320 CLS, 230Clk convertible
    Hi I have left the above car in a garage for a while, I only get it out 4/5 times a year. So I disconnect the battery with an isolator. No problems for a couple of years. This time when I connected the battery I have SRS warning light, also noticed button on dash to lock doors and button to switch off alarm when towing don't seem to work. Alarm, central locking via Fob and every thing else if fine. The esp always comes back and Windows , roof have never required resetting. Is this due to non use and the car has forgotten some codes
    Or possibly some corrosion somewhere
    Could this be caused by long term inactivity. Also is there an auxiliary battery in this car ? (Like the Cls) and is it disconnected by disconnecting main battery
    I am taking it to have codes cleared tomorrow and may now start it every two weeks to keep it alive. ( still disconnecting battery though)
    Many thanks for help and comments
    Had brilliant advice about my SL

2. flango

flango MB Club Veteran

Car:
    Mercedes SLK R171
    My 208 is a coupe but I had similar issues so stopped disconnecting and just use a maintenance charger c tek permanently connected. The problem re appeared last year and it was down to a poor performing battery swapped the battery and no issues.

No aux battery on mine but it is a 1997 car

3. s4rap

s4rap Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    2001 clk 430
    I've got a 208 also,it's been hooked up to a tickle charger since September. Might start it up tomorrow just to check Alls well.

4. OP
    OP
    aabravo

aabravo New Member

Car:
    R129 SL, 320 CLS, 230Clk convertible
    Sorted. Battery was shot. SRS light voltage sensitive. Replaced. Light reset. Good as gold now