CLK C209 220 CDI Sport - supposed to have runflats?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ir0n_jaw

Car
Honda
So I've had my CLK (220CDI Sport with AMG pack) for about 4 months now after picking it up from a main dealer. I was told the car had run-flats when I bought it, and that was seemingly backed up by the lack of spare tyre and the fact that it has a run-flat indicator fitted.

Anyway, I've just had a flat tyre (courtesy of a screwdriver in the road), and when I say flat, it was very flat like a pancake. The sides of the tyre could be pushed in with relative ease making me think it's not a run-flat tyre at all. I've checked the other tyres and cannot find any markings on the tyres to indicate that they're run-flats. Only 'MO' which I've read up on as being MB preferred tyre, and 'Extra Load'.

Now, the tyre in question was replaced by my nearest dealer free of charge a few days after I bought it as it was sold to me with a slow puncture. I'm really wanting to know if the car should definitely have run-flats, and if so I will call the dealer to seek some answers..

The tyre is a Continental Contisportcontact-3 255/35/ZR18 94Y 'MO'. Nowhere on the tyre does it say SSR which I'd expect it to say if it were run-flat.

Any help/advice would be very much appreciated!

Last edited:
NO THIS CAR IS NOT FITTED WITH RUN FLATS FROM THE OME

THE ONLY MERCEDES TO HAVE RUN FLATS IS THE W246 B CLASS SPORT RUNNING 18in WHEELS

Okay, so I'm an idiot.

I can only blame it on the incredibly long hours I've been working.. I've found there is in fact a spare in the boot and I unbelievably didn't register it was there.

Thanks so much for the reply.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom