clk c220 cdi

Discussion in 'Engine' started by adds, Oct 21, 2011.

1. adds

adds New Member

Car:
    clk
    hey guys iv had the clk for a small ammount of time now. iv noticed that when i pull away or rrev the car over 2000 rpm alot of white smoke will come out the back leaving nice blalck stains on the exhaust tip :( now this week is the last of the cars 3 year warranty so iv taken into the merc asking them to fix it!. they have come back to tell me the fault code says its the air filter. they checked it and its clean! so they have now told me its due to poor fuel quailty being put into the car!. thought i use shell/tesco/asda what ever is around when i need to top up. iv asked them to check the egr valve( i think thats what its called) which they said is also fine so what better drev is out there. sadly i wont be able to see until next week now as the car now also has a water leak in the footwell :(

cheers

2. Tinkerer

Tinkerer Active Member

Car:
    W210 E220 CDi
    Don't think the quality of the diesel would be an issue as these cars are sold all over the world and must accommodate all the other grades available. Perhaps the white smoke is steam associated with the water leak?

Tags: