CLK Cabriolet 2007 A209 interior A-pillar trim loose.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

SimonColeman

Car
A209 CLK 350 Cabriolet 2007
The A-pillar trim on my CLK Cabriolet is really loose, any ideas where the clips are that keep it in place and how to get to them. any help will be
appreciated.ggg.png

From memory, there are a few clips holding the trim in place but on yours as a starter, the rubber seal should go over the trim. This is probably why it is not sitting right. Pic of mines below.

965E6C7F-2C3D-4C46-9394-10019DC663E5.jpeg

Thanks for the reply, I can tuck it back under the trim and it will stay in place temporarily but will always pop out again. i cant see any clips, i guess there is one under the sun visor but not sure how to get to it.

I do not have access to WIS any more else I could have looked it up for you. Hopefully someone will be along too and get the wis on how to remove and install the trim.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

This is not a w209 but will give an idea.

Hi Yes - the trim on the video is not from a W209 but will give an idea as to how they are put together. There will be a number of metal clips that the trim is pushed into. The problem you may have is that either the clips are not seated properly or some may even be damaged. Looks like to remove, they will need to be pulled / pried out by using a trim removal tool if you can get one in there. I think taking this out will be relatively easy but putting it back together and lining up all of the clips will be much more difficult and hence whoever has taken if off in the past may not have lined up all of the clips. In addition, you will have wiring to contend with under the trim.

WIS is the mercedes workshop instruction manuals'.

Hi Yes - the trim on the video is not from a W209 but will give an idea as to how they are put together. There will be a number of metal clips that the trim is pushed into. The problem you may have is that either the clips are not seated properly or some may even be damaged. Looks like to remove, they will need to be pulled / pried out by using a trim removal tool if you can get one in there. I think taking this out will be relatively easy but putting it back together and lining up all of the clips will be much more difficult and hence whoever has taken if off in the past may not have lined up all of the clips. In addition, you will have wiring to contend with under the trim.

WIS is the mercedes workshop instruction manuals'.

really good vid - thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom