CLK Command music disc vs sat nav disc

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

fabes

MB Enthusiast
Car
E 400 Coupe and X-Trail
Hi

I have a new (to me) 09 reg CLK280 with Command
I also have a couple of few questions

1. Is it possible to play a CD in the command slot whilst retaining nav as when I tried it, the CD played but nav wanted the sat nav disc back in as well?

2 The sat nav disc is 2009. Are there any reliable / EBay update discs people can recommend? - there are some horror stories out there about bad discs corrupting the system.

EDIT - just seen the post from Alfie on this, so is it best to buy oldish ones from members here who have updated their system (I have a Garmin if I ever had to rely 100% on an up to date sat nav)?

Many thanks, replies appreciated

Hi

I have a new (to me) 09 reg CLK280 with Command
I also have a couple of few questions

1. Is it possible to play a CD in the command slot whilst retaining nav as when I tried it, the CD played but nav wanted the sat nav disc back in as well?

2 The sat nav disc is 2009. Are there any reliable / EBay update discs people can recommend? - there are some horror stories out there about bad discs corrupting the system.

EDIT - just seen the post from Alfie on this, so is it best to buy oldish ones from members here who have updated their system (I have a Garmin if I ever had to rely 100% on an up to date sat nav)?

Many thanks, replies appreciated

Latest navigation disk for the system is this one;

https://www.commandonline.co.uk/europe-map-dvd-NTG2.html

It is possible to remove the navigation disk and still navigate. However, it needs to be done with care.

Enter the destination you want to go to. Let the route calculate completely so the little rotating disk icon stops spinning. Once this has stopped you can then remove the nav disk and insert a CD. You wont get any map guidance but you will get turn by turn directions. If you deviate too far from the programmed route it will ask for the navigation disk to go back in.

Best solution is to fit an ipod kit or a CD changer then you dont need to worry about removing the navigation disk.

Thanks

The car has the Ipod conneciton (I have a seperate post on Bluetooth options) but sometimes a CD option is preferred as I may not have somthing on my phone.

That upto date Sat Nav disc is pricey - do any one or two year old ones become available? (being suitbaly warned off dodgy copies....)

Finally
As I have the Ipod connection, does that mean I cannot get and fit a CD Changer to by pass the nav disc issue?

Thanks

The car has the Ipod conneciton (I have a seperate post on Bluetooth options) but sometimes a CD option is preferred as I may not have somthing on my phone.

That upto date Sat Nav disc is pricey - do any one or two year old ones become available? (being suitbaly warned off dodgy copies....)

Finally
As I have the Ipod connection, does that mean I cannot get and fit a CD Changer to by pass the nav disc issue?

If the ipod interface is the genuine Mercedes one then yes you can still install a CD changer. If its a Dension device then no you cant install a changer.

We only sell the latest up to date navigation disks. Ask around if someone who has just bought V17 wants to sell their old one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom