clk conv 208 drivers window

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Car
11 ml350 sport, clk320 convertible 51, tvr chimaera, Yamaha 1300xjr
hi
bought a 2001 clk convertible
drivers window drops when you open door and rises when you close it
problem is that the drivers glass now seems to be out of alignment with rear glass/seal as they sort of overlap at the top.
Danger is that when I close the door now, the glasss is hitting the rear metal seal on rear glass.
How do you adjust the alignment?

Has it just started doing this. There are adjusters which you get to by removing 2 rubber bungs underneath the door, one at the front and I think 2nd in from the rear. Lower the window right down and poke your finger in the holes till you can feel the adjusters which feels like a rod. You need to get a 3/16 socket or a 5mm will do on the rod which has a hex head. Turning clockwise will lower the window on either rod so it sounds like you need to try the rear one first. Also there is a window stop which you get to by removing the chrome trim at he back top of the door above the lock. Once you have the chrome trim off lift the rubber and you'll see it. Its held on by two screws with a rubber stop in the middle. I think it's a matter of all three adjustment points untill you get the window in the correc position. I had to change a door at the week end so had to do the whole lot as the door glass were different colours. Mine works ok but the window wont drop like before.

Hi
Had a good look tonight and can see the problem is that the rear window comes too far forward. See elsewhere that there is a stop that breaks. Where is this? Is it inside the rear trim and if so what is the part that needs replaced?
Ta

Sorry, can't help on the rear windowas not had any dealings with it. I've got to speak to one of our Merc dealers about my problem so I'll ask them about the rear adjustment for you.

rear window stop is A2086730312 from mercedes
£7+ or £12 with postage - already ordered online
thanks

Mine was doing this, just remove the rear window upper stop behind the rear side trim and stick it in a vice then bend it over slightly, it's just a piece of angle iron and the reason it's not working is the force of the motor over time bends it out of shape slightly allowing the runner to pass by it before shutting off. Then it's just a bit of trial and error to get the rear window to stop at the correct point.

Try to have a magnet on a stick handy for when you drop it :)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom