CLK Conv W208 boot sub not working

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

GordyB

Hi everyone, want some advice on what is fitted to my car. Not had it long and the stereo setup isn't standard. Just swapped an aftermarket Kenwood head unit for a new bluetooth one and had a good look over the car. In the boot there is a Sony xplod amp which appears to power the sub that vents under the rear armrest. This sub works but is very quiet - could be the amp or the sub not working correctly but it can only be heard with the iso connector to the door speakers disconnected and the volume up very loud - seems as though the amp is working and sub at fault but I may be wrong. Is the rear sub normally powered by an amp? What size is it if I need to replace it? Where is the standard Merc amp mounted? How do I get to the sub to inspect it - from within the boot under a metal panel I assume?

Thanks

Gordon

Hi everyone, I'm kind of new to the CLK world, having just got a 1999 facelift CLK 430 Cabriolet (W208), and wonder if anyone can help with a similar problem...

Its a great car, drives perfectly, but seems to have been fiddled with in the past, as ALL the original speakers are missing. I want to put it back to how it should be, as at the moment the Comand 2 NAV system is just running to a couple of aftermarket speakers in the front that are pretty cheap and nasty... The sub in the boot appears to be completely missing - theres a blank space where it should be behind the rear arm rest... So if I can get hold of a replacement, does it just plug in? Is there another amp powering it? Any thoughts on the sound set-up in these cares would be appreciated...!

thanks!

Was it fitted with Bose from the factory , can you see Bose logos on the grilles ?

If so it will be expensive to put right as the Bose amps and speakers aren't cheap ...

The bonus is that in the cab you have no rear shelf speakers to replace, just the 3 in each door and the sub.

There's no BOSE labels anywhere, so i dont think they had the BOSE set-up - just the Comand Nav system. Does this means there is no separate amp?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom