CLK convertible - how much noisier than coupe?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

meb

Car
SL500 R230
Has anyone any experience comparing the interior noise levels of the CLK coupe and convertible at motorway speeds?

Is it a lot louder? I would like to get a CLK convertible but I often do long distances on the motorway and loud wind noise would drive me potty.

Thanks

Its not a lot of difference. I've had a 320 Coupe and a 320 Cab, The noise is obviously slightly louder, but it didn't bother me. (Btw I'm talking 208 series here)

For the 209 series, I have driven the cab on a test drive - found it good. Didn't do any motorway. For the Coupe - have to say to me it seemed to be more noisey than the older one.

I'd just jest drive one at a stealership if you want to find out for yourself.

One quick note - the weight of the car does change the dynamics quite a bit - My only wish re the cab versus the coupe is that I'd gone for a bigger engine.

Clarky.

saorbust said:
One quick note - the weight of the car does change the dynamics quite a bit - My only wish re the cab versus the coupe is that I'd gone for a bigger engine.

Clarky.

Completely agree, the 2.6 engine just can't handle the weight in the cab, whereas it was passable in the coupe

anarchy-inc said:
Is there really that much more weight in the cab? Silly me would have thought it would be lighter? :confused:
Weighs a lot more! First you have the weight of all the roof mechanism/motors/framework etc and then you have the weight of the reinforcements made to stop the chassis twisting (function usually performed by a fixed roof ;) ). A fixed roof is quite light in comparison.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom