CLK Cupholder?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Fordpaul

Car
2005 CLK 320
I think I've got this right.
Just on the passenger side of the dash, is the pop out cupholder?
If this is correct, can someone please explain what Mercedes were thinking?
What shape are the cups/cans in Germany?
I'm used to American motors that have proper holders that are ROUND, to hold cans/ and bottles. I could probably fit a very small carton in it if I'm lucky.
I'm a bit confused.

Cup holder was an option.
Like me :mad: you have something for which I am yet to find a use!
Anything you put in there disappears into the depths where normal human fingers can't reach!
On the positive side I have heard of folk with the cup holder option spilling coffeee or whatever over their gearshift - expensive fix apparently.

Yep my cupholder went in the bin after an expensive accident

All it seems good for is a phone holder.
The wife's Dodge has 2 cup holders in the front, and one of them can be heated or cooled. Whichever you choose. Both options work real well. And there's a compartment above the glovebox to chill cans of drink as well. If you have a vehicle capable of long distances in comfort, you appreciate little touches like that.

I've never understood the need to drink during journeys.

I think I've got this right.
Just on the passenger side of the dash, is the pop out cupholder?
If this is correct, can someone please explain what Mercedes were thinking?
What shape are the cups/cans in Germany?
I'm used to American motors that have proper holders that are ROUND, to hold cans/ and bottles. I could probably fit a very small carton in it if I'm lucky.
I'm a bit confused.

I'm confused too, the cup holder on my 2005 CLK is round, it holds cans of coke, coffees from service stations etc. It does everything a cupholder should, what have you got in your car? Are you certain it is a cup holder?

Russ

To the OP, sounds like you havent got it in your W209, you only have the coin tray. the cup holder is an option. it should look like this and cans/bottles fit perfectly in it.

Note the side clamps which pop upwards:
Quad1_zps0f3d6d11.jpg

I fit this one after I found it on eBay, you will need to remove approx half the dashboard.

Last edited:
It would make more sense as a coin tray, but as Deeaich says, small coins are almost unreachable. The small pull out tray in the arm rest bin is good for coins.

The coin holder should have a rubber/plastic insert that slides out and looks a bit like a pouch , it's easy then to remove coins .

That just reminded me of a scene from Bad Boys; made me chuckle :)

I've never understood the need to drink during journeys.

Completely agree.

Fitting the cup holder is just going to encourage spillage.
At which point, you will regret fitting the cup holder.

Use the draw as a draw and stop for a drink, that's what I say.

Things like cup holders just serve to reduce a driver's awareness of.... driving! :doh:

I use a travel mug for long journeys, and find it very handy. I never fill it right to the top, and only open the lid when taking a quick sip, so no worry of spillage. A coffee break at a service can add 20-30 min each to my journey, which I'd rather spend on stuff I enjoy, not sitting on my own in an overcrowded service station.

Completely agree.

Use the draw as a draw and stop for a drink, that's what I say.

Things like cup holders just serve to reduce a driver's awareness of.... driving! :doh:

The CLK cupholder is on the passenger side of the dash, are they not allowed to drink while someone else drives?

Russ

To the OP, sounds like you havent got it in your W209, you only have the coin tray. the cup holder is an option. it should look like this and cans/bottles fit perfectly in it.

Note the side clamps which pop upwards:
Quad1_zps0f3d6d11.jpg

I fit this one after I found it on eBay, you will need to remove approx half the dashboard.

Hey, I needs a new glovebox lid and bought a glove box on eBay - luckily for ,e, it had the cup holder - I can't for the life in me see how I can separate this from the rest of the glovebox - can you help with telling me how to transfer this onto my car?

First step is getting it off the glove box I bought!

Thanks in Advance

Attachments

• IMG_2011.jpg
    IMG_2011.jpg
    233.9 KB · Views: 50
completely agree.

Use the draw as a draw and stop for a drink, that's what i say.

Things like cup holders just serve to reduce a driver's awareness of.... Driving! :doh:

+1

Hey, I needs a new glovebox lid and bought a glove box on eBay - luckily for ,e, it had the cup holder - I can't for the life in me see how I can separate this from the rest of the glovebox - can you help with telling me how to transfer this onto my car?

First step is getting it off the glove box I bought!

Thanks in Advance

Should be some torx screws at the base of the mech.

You will need to remove the centre console to fit that mech onto your car. Where are you located?

next you'll be sayng that changing radio station or a cd or heaven forbid, changing a track on your iphone. next stop, no passengers then no satnav as they can be a distraction, oh wait what about other cars on road.

get a grip people.
its a cup holder in a licensed killing machine!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom