CLK dash vent disaster!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dizz

Car
CLK320 (w209)
2004 CLK320
Well not really a disaster but a bit of a ****-up!

A while back when we had all those really hot days the central air vent control became sticky to the touch and you could leave marks/ridges with your nails on the surface.

It wouldn’t shift no matter what I tried and finally used a soft cloth and some nail varnish remover, which was working fine until the paint lifted off, Arghhhhhh!!!

Don’t know if replacement trim covers are available but I’m open to advice.
a1bc4bbaacf6c7fdb92b975720a62960.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

:eek:
Oh dear! Not the best of looks, sorry no idea except perhaps a second hand trim piece or is it part of the entire dash

No idea if it’s part of the dash, here’s brilliant temporary solution I came up with....lol
c50d4c6358c6f5dbf937ec47a4746ad6.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

That looks like that bit of trim comes off, if it does, spray it satin black, will look great, job done, ok you'll lose the arrows, but that's not a big deal, is it.

You can buy covers for this carbon effect etc might be a better option

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Be thankful that you didn’t get nail varnish remover on the rest of the dash.

Well your original problem is a common one,you also get it on S class cars as well,you need Goo Gone,this will remove the sticky stuff but not destroy your dash,maybe a new cover is the answer now.

Try a decent scrapper like Silverlake near Southampton (they are on line) or get it wrapped.
A firm would take minutes and only a few quid with an off cut, end of day to do that.......

There are only two places that nail varnish remover should be. 1. In the bottle 2. On the nails

This reminds me of the time my ex decided to use a scouring sponge to remove bird poop from bonnet of her three week old mars red golf...!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Fortunately I was able to buff it out. A week later after giving our downstairs loo a coat of emulsion she was at it again removing paint splashes from a very expensive high gloss soft close loo seat.........$%&*()P!""""£

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom