Clk Door Mirrors

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Gunny

Car
1999 CLK 320 elegance 2001 C200 Kompessor Avantgarde
Well my last post was about changing the door mirrors on my CLK for the later type, with the indicator in

The good news is that my local stealership parts man ( Martin) at Rycroft of Stockton really turned it on & searched his data base & came up with the goods.

He suggested that i only change the drivers side mirror first( just to see if the later part numbered mirror bits fit ok, so this is what we ordered.

Anyway yesterday i got the call to tell me that said parts had arrived, in the colour of the car ( if the later colour had been changed slightly we were going for a black mirror & have it painted).

On opening the box Mercedes have supplied a full new type casing inclusive of the indicator lens/ flashing bits, these look identical in size & shape to the ones fitted to my 1999 model.

The mirror price is £ 56.00 +vat
The flashing bit £ !5.00 + vat

So at the weekend i am going to attempt to swap all the bits over, pick up the power feed from the wing flasher & try to get it all to work, all this without breaking the mirror glass we hope.

Watch this space for the next instalment.

Regards
Gunny

:bannana: :eek: :bannana:

Ok, so you have only changed the mirror shells? Good idea ;)

You should use the cable for the wing repeater and get the holes welded and painted up oem style :)

Great result Gunny - always good to find a helpful parts department !

Dont try & change to the new style mirrors, as they dont fit properly.
The electric motor fouls the back of the indicator, stopping the damn thing seating properly.

I spent 2 hours trying to get it to fit, no joy.
I have now reverted back to the old mirror.

For sale x 1 no CLK drivers side door mirror shell finished in mineral green metalic, complete with indicator as new ( offers )

Could you get me both sides? Then i want them!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom