Clk driver window, seat and mirror fail (fuse)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dizz

Car
CLK320 (w209)
2005 CLK
My wing mirrors didn’t automatically fold in this morning and tonight the m drivers window has dropped as it should but hasn’t gone back up and I can’t make the window go up or down with the switch.
The passenger window does drop and go back up and also operates with its own switch in addition the power seats have no power.
I’m assuming this is a fuse but I would’ve thought both sets of windows would’ve been linked to the same fuse.
can anybody help me out on this one??

Just checked fuse 21 + 22 both looked ok and also swooped their positions with no effect.
I don’t get how the guide says fuse 21,22 +63 work the the drivers window, can’t be all three, what am I missing?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Just checked fuse 21 + 22 both looked ok and also swooped their positions with no effect.
I don’t get how the guide says fuse 21,22 +63 work the the drivers window, can’t be all three, what am I missing?
f21 is Left door, 22 is the right door but I do not see a f63 there is a f32 which is the prefuse for the fusebox holding f21/f22
upload_2019-10-30_10-43-30.png

f21 is Left door, 22 is the right door but I do not see a f63 there is a f32 which is the prefuse for the fusebox holding f21/f22
View attachment 89935

Checked all relevant fuses and all were fine.
Don’t know if it’s linked but the battery is now struggling to start the car, is the battery causing the problem or is the problem draining the battery?

get the faults checked with Star, that will tell you if its the switch or door controller at fault

Battery was changed today as it was showing only 30% of its capacity.
Now the passenger rear window has.died too and the rears are stuck 100mm down,.
Off to the garage I go!

With battery fully charged, re-set the windows. If that does not work I think a STAR session is required

With battery fully charged, re-set the windows. If that does not work I think a STAR session is required

Can’t reset the windows because the drivers door switch is dead.

Just had it on a diagnostic (not star) and it couldn’t read the drivers door at all.
I’m off to ‘Command’ in lightwater to see what they think it could be as I’m sure they may have seen this before.

UPDATE,,,',

payed a visit to ‘Comand’ in Lightwater Last week and they put it on their diagnostics and initially found they couldn’t read the drivers door module.
During the testing the module reported briefly showed a low voltage error before shutting down again.
Voltage was checked going into the module and found to be correct.
So it seemed 99% sure it was the module playing up, the part from MB was over £400! and he chaps at Comand suggested looking on EBay, I found several for sale with the correct part number and bought one for £55!
Today I returned to Comands workshop with the second hand module and I’m happy to say all is working again as it should, to say I’m relieved would be an understatement [emoji3]
So thanks to Becky and the team at Comand for looking after me and my broken Mercedes, I can wholeheartedly recommend ‘Comand’ if your having electric problems.
1777130c827e29797640349d35cc7d9d.jpg

Thanks Dizz - I shall pass your Thanks to Becky.

- This was a slightly weird one in that the Door Controller was still operating some stuff, it just wouldn't do other stuff - so hard sort of "semi failed".

R

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom