clk drop down

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

genesis1210

Car
CLK 320
Has anyone had a drop down (optionally motorised) roof screen fitted ?
Just wondered how big a job it is and if it works ok.

Do u mean a wind deflector or something... :confused: :confused: :confused: Not sure what exactly u mean by ur post. Is urs a a w208 or 209? I am asuming that u have the cabriolet.... ?

OR

Do u have the coupe and are enquiring about what scope of work would be involved in converting/modding the car to a rag top? If that is the case then personally I would sell the coupe and just buy a cabriolet as no matter how much money u spend it will never be as a perfect finished OEM cabriolet... I am sure hell of alot of work would be involved in such a mod but I suppose would be a intresting project for u if u are a hands on person and get a buzz out of doing drastic mods... I have seen cheap old Astras and Peugeots on the raods converted from hardtops to soft tops and they all look nasty... :crazy:

Last edited:
re clk

meant a drop down rear tv screen /dvd package to keep the kiddies happy - its a bit friendlier than shutting them in the boot............

genesis1210 said:
meant a drop down rear tv screen /dvd package to keep the kiddies happy - its a bit friendlier than shutting them in the boot............

aaah - not sure what you're planning would be legal as it would get in the way of your rear view. the norm is to fit them in the front head-restraints ;) rather than a drop down.

Have seen them fitted in cars, so long as they to the left and/or right and not in the centre there shouldn't be a problem.

I have just fitted two drop down screens in my v-class one at 8-inch screen and one at 12 inch. One has built in DVD and TV and the other is a monitor TV. I linked DVD screen across to play on other screen its great, kids love it. The first screen I brought from ebay it was a 8 inch motorised screen Item number: 5836962206 on ebay and I fitted this with ease and it was a easy back plate screwed to roof lining small hole for power leads and sound, (also it has built in sound speakers). I ran power from light. But was not happy because I was told by the description chart on ad that it had output for another screen to run from it, but it never had one so I sold it on ebay. (Not happy)
I then purchased an 8-inch screen made sure I had outputs for more screens and sound. I fitted this today and I linked other screen through roof lining using a thin welding rod and taped on wire and pulled it through roof lining and it was a bit of a job. When buying screen look for one with built in modulator it sends sound to your radio through the air with no need for wires it then comes out of your car speakers, much easier than running lots of wires, also kids can use wireless head phones if you want that peace and quite. I also fitted motorised wide screen pop out monitor player today and linked that from player in back so I don't miss out on the big boys toys. Item number for a good drop down on Ebay is Item number: 5836813573 I will add some photos tomorrow of my fitted screens they look great well pleased.They work great.The only down full is that they will need to stay in van if I ever sell because of the screw holes and wire holes. :p

Attachments

• screen1.jpg
    screen1.jpg
    17.7 KB · Views: 27
  • dashscreen.jpg
    dashscreen.jpg
    17.2 KB · Views: 24
  • screen4.jpg
    screen4.jpg
    14.6 KB · Views: 24
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread