CLK DTM AMG up to 181MPH...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
That looks mad! Saw the 599 and the CLK tearing up the M40 on Saturday morning. Is this where you were headed? Saw that matt Monaro on M40 also as well quite a few Porsche turbos.

They were all in quite a rush :D

Good vid.

So whats it like with Gustav and them guys? I heard they're usually biased towards BMW's... did you do any runs against any other cars there?

Looks like fun, can anyone attend these days or are they by invite only.

they usually have an invite list on pistonheads forum when they're held... If it weren't for my sh1tty 540i breaking down at the time I would've been able to go :(

Very nice! looked scary with all that fog. Gutted I couldn't make it. Matt, did you see the SL600? According to the results it managed 200?

Paul

Good vid.

So whats it like with Gustav and them guys? I heard they're usually biased towards BMW's... did you do any runs against any other cars there?

Gustav is a great guy and really liked the DTM, thats the second time he has been out in it over the year, and loves to video it.

Here is a video he took from the last event, racing against my 599. However beware as my Dad was driving the DTM and he does not like going fast, so it was not much of a race!

YouTube - 1080p: Mercedes CLK DTM AMG Convertible vs Ferrari 599 GTB F1 x 2 "races"

Very nice! looked scary with all that fog. Gutted I couldn't make it. Matt, did you see the SL600? According to the results it managed 200?

Paul

Yes, the chap with the SL600 has been going to VMAX for years, and has it modified a little more each time. I raced him a few years ago when I had my CL65 AMG and the '65 was quicker off of the line, but his SL600 had a slightly higher top speed through the traps than the '65.

Maff:Thank you for sharing the video mate,glad to see the car being used as it should

Watched the vid - I like.

Must have been like a Spitfire inside there!

Wow, that is scary just watching!!

How many nob heads have to make stupid comments? If you don't know about switching the TC off, then either ask or shut up!!

they usually have an invite list on pistonheads forum when they're held... If it weren't for my sh1tty 540i breaking down at the time I would've been able to go :(

Invite only.

Only those in the know, know if you see what I mean....

Date / Time tends to be kept a secret IIRC.

Excellent. Would like to hear that in the flesh

Nice Matt :cool:

I was gutted I could'nt make this one but Craigs saved me a space for the next.

How fast do you exit the first corner?

Marty

Paul

To be honest Paul the right hand trap was over reading, with a 6mph head
wind and my current power out put it was more likely 195-196mph.
For me to hit 200mph i would need a moderate tail wind.
Before VMax I went to Woodbrige to do the standing mile and managed 181mph again into a slight headwind.
Power output is 731bhp giving 370 bhp per ton. It's CD is 0.29 so helps at high speed.
At present I cannot use anywhere near full power in 1st so may invest in
some Mickey Thompson or Nitto tyres this summer.

Mark.

To be honest Paul the right hand trap was over reading, with a 6mph head
wind and my current power out put it was more likely 195-196mph.
For me to hit 200mph i would need a moderate tail wind.
Before VMax I went to Woodbrige to do the standing mile and managed 181mph again into a slight headwind.
Power output is 731bhp giving 370 bhp per ton. It's CD is 0.29 so helps at high speed.
At present I cannot use anywhere near full power in 1st so may invest in
some Mickey Thompson or Nitto tyres this summer.

Mark.

Hi Mark!

Yeah I was reading on PH, still, 195/6 pretty good for the merc, jesus the Biturbo makes power! It would have been a good race between our cars!:D:thumb:

Mt is only good for 1/4 mile I think, Nitto NA in the UK? Maybe look at R888? I got some Avon ZZR as I could not find R888 stock anywhere last year, not bad actually and £100 cheaper too.

Hopefully we get to meet this year mate..

Paul

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom