CLK. Future Classic, apparently.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I am genuinely confused....WTF is it supposed to be/represent?

What is it supposed to be ? , I have clearly missed something here. I see it is located in Bathgate UK. I shall make sure not to travel there so I might never have to see this thing in the metal. Lockdown or not , I refuse to go there until this thing has gone away.

I did not look at the link but the W208 CLK was a revelation when it was new. There is no doubt that it will be a classic as it represents such a huge departure in design from what Mercedes Benz was building and is still a very beautiful car.

If you're looking for a car that will only go up in value, this is probably the time to buy one because they're worth about what they weigh in scrap at the moment.

Looking at the link was somewhat important to the concept of this thread. A "huge departure" is surprisingly accurate though.

Last edited:
I particularly liked the Alfa Romeo style rear number plate.

Well it "nearly" got cast in Fast and Furious 9 so it had to be worth £500.

I'm confused, none of it makes sense to me

Some poor devil bought it.
I wonder how it managed to go from an original listing of 150k miles down to 80k ?

I'd rather have a Mitsuoka Galue II...

We went to a Classic Car show last weekend and i was surprised to see 3 CLK (W209's) in the line up, and they were not even CLK55's although one car had done over 300,000 miles.

Any car given time will become a classic, whether it's a desirable one is another matter

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom