clk hard top by weissman very very rare find in sliver

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
In the last few years there have been 2 sold on Fleaby

I don't get it, what's the point of these "hard-tops"?

If you have a convertible with a open/close roof, why would you need that?

Winter ?

What, you mean it's too cold inside the car with a regular roof? :dk: Then what's the point of it, if you can't use it in all weather conditions?

What, you mean it's too cold inside the car with a regular roof? :dk: Then what's the point of it, if you can't use it in all weather conditions?

Some might prefer a solid roof in winter.

Me, I'd have the roof down as often as possible and forgo any hardtop.

I'd rather buy an old VW Polo or the like for £800 to take the abuse that winters will throw at a convertible.

So how does it work?

Do you need to remove the original roof and then attach the hard top or it kind of goes together?

no u need to change attachment system much the like with the same hard top for w124 convertible, fully fold down the softtop and the hard top will sit on top of the same as in sl hard top on w107 w129 or bmw 3 series came with hard top as optional extra.

i do not know why mercedes never made the for clk and w124 convertible.

as this will save the soft top i suppose and they want to make money selling soft top replacements??

if anybody find any for w124 convertible i am interested!!

Well speaking for the R129, which came with a hard top as standard.

With it fitted the car is quieter, has much better visibility, is more secure, and has a lower drag coefficient. So it makes sense in the winter when you're much less likely to want to go 'topless', particularly for longer trips.

First one had black leather rooflining, this one has grey.

Russ

I don't get hardtops. First of all you pay a premium to have the convertible and then pay extra to make it a coupe?? Madness with more money than sense if you ask me. End result will be a car that rattles and creaks and is much heavier than the coupe!! These hardtops aren't exactly convenient to fit and remove either, not to mention store!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom