CLK Headrest Problem

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

clk320x

Hardcore MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
Tesla Model S, Model 3 LR, Model X /// Previous: Jaguar XFR, Mercedes E320 CDI, C32 AMG, CLK 320
The headrests in my CLK (both sides) won't go down all the way when I press the button.

When the seat is folded forward, the headrest will go down all the way and come back up when the seat is returned to upright position. Hence the motor must be OK.

When the seat is uprights using the switch I can move the headrest about 1 inch up and down with the switch button. Therefore the switch must be OK and working.

I know there are a lot of threads on this but I have never seen on that has been solved. This problem affects both sides.

Any help is greatly appreciated,

Thanks

Last edited:
The seats require a normalisation proceedure to correct this fault. Afaik this can only be done with a Star machine. You can easily get the seat stuck under the sun visor when tilting it in this state.

The seats require a normalisation proceedure to correct this fault. Afaik this can only be done with a Star machine. You can easily get the seat stuck under the sun visor when tilting it in this state.

It once did get stuck! Was a scare... Normally its fine as the headrest will recline fully when tilted forward, however that time somehow it got stuck....
It was a tight run to get the seat back, had to move sunvisor to side and force seat back :doh:

Looking to get the headrest down, as at the moment its far to high for me and hence dangerous if god forbid I had an accident my head wouldnt have any support;)

So for this normalisation procedure i'd have to visit a garage?

It once did get stuck! Was a scare... Normally its fine as the headrest will recline fully when tilted forward, however that time somehow it got stuck....
It was a tight run to get the seat back, had to move sunvisor to side and force seat back :doh:

Looking to get the headrest down, as at the moment its far to high for me and hence dangerous if god forbid I had an accident my head wouldnt have any support;)

So for this normalisation procedure i'd have to visit a garage?

Your best bet is an independent with Star diagnostic machine. Plenty around. If you were closer I'd do it. Unless you fancy a drive out to leafy Sussex on Saturday ;)

Your best bet is an independent with Star diagnostic machine. Plenty around. If you were closer I'd do it. Unless you fancy a drive out to leafy Sussex on Saturday ;)

Thanks very much for the offer, maybe next weekend I might be nearby as visiting a friend in Horsham. :) I shall PM you.

Cheers
Abs

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom