CLK hunting.... or SLK?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Looked at a CLK280 today, after it warmed up a bit, smoking from rear of engine, (?) suspect oil dripping onto exhausts :( no rattles, sounded quite nice but a few other smaller imperfections meant I had to walk away - plenty more out there.

Reactions: 219
I do think the first gen CLK & SLK look great, but that the later generations have become a bit bland, the CLK in particular has an enormous amount of room for bags and cross continent clobber

I do think the first gen CLK & SLK look great, but that the later generations have become a bit bland, the CLK in particular has an enormous amount of room for bags and cross continent clobber

All in the eye of the beholder, I guess. To me the R170 SLK looks rather bland and very dated.

Plus the R170 has rust problems that the galvanised R171/2 does not!

I happen to know of a nice R170 SLK320 in silver blue that is probably available for not a lot near J26 M25 if anyone's interested - mate of mine, I happen to have the data sheet and a couple of photos. Mechanically it's well sorted as my mate is a good mechanic.

Looked at a CLK280 today, after it warmed up a bit, smoking from rear of engine, (?) suspect oil dripping onto exhausts :( no rattles, sounded quite nice but a few other smaller imperfections meant I had to walk away - plenty more out there.
Just bought a C63 AMG, if you are looking for a really nice CLK 350 Sports Convertible let me know

Unfortunately I have read-only access to the cars for sale - can't post or edit anything.
Something to do with insufficient posts o_O
I believe the limit is 30 posts - and you've just reached that.

Got a feeling only the seller can post in the classifieds - only thing you can do is PM, which at 31 posts you should be able to do.
Doh - you want to post your 350 for sale, whihc you have now done - but with far too little detail about the car (including asking price!).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom