CLK Knocking Rear Suspension

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

spike60

Car
500 SEC, E320 cdi estate, BMW Z3 2.8, Porsche 944 2.7
I've recently bought a high mileage 1999/2000 320 CLK with more than it's fair share of suspension clonks. At the front the anti roll bar bushes seem to be the worst offenders, but the right rear is bad too.
It sounds like anti roll bar bushes or a shock absorber mounting but I can find nothing wrong underneath, no obvious play anywhere but knocks terribly on broken surfaces.
Does anyone know the likely cause, the usual suspects? Thanks!

my old 430 clk knocked and it turned out to be a damper... could well be a worn one... they aint the lightest of cars....

Rear sub frame bushes are the main cause and dont cost that much on average about £45

my old 430 clk knocked and it turned out to be a damper... could well be a worn one... they aint the lightest of cars....
Sounds like one loose, -but it's not. Might see if it's possible to test drive the car with it removed.

Rear sub frame bushes are the main cause and dont cost that much on average about £45
Visually seemed ok, couldn't get get much on them with a bar but I'll revisit them.

Thanks, you were spot on! Sorry, no prizes for correct answer tho.:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom